VST Synths you purchased that were very disappointing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TS-12 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:17 pm
DrGonzo wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:51 am
Markus Krause wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:40 am Access Virus ti:
I bought this one to do measurements for the hypersaws. Imho one of the most overhyped synths out there.
Indeed - the Virus TI was hyped as the next best thing after toasted bread. But apart from that I really feel it's a solid synthesizer that can create some fantastic tones. Can it be replaced by software these days? Yeah... I think it probably can. But sometimes it's nice to have a hardware synth you can just turn on and play.

/C
Is virus ti plugin a virtual software plugin synth ? Or a software control for hardware synth ?
Software control.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:10 pm
TS-12 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:17 pm
DrGonzo wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:51 am
Markus Krause wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:40 am Access Virus ti:
I bought this one to do measurements for the hypersaws. Imho one of the most overhyped synths out there.
Indeed - the Virus TI was hyped as the next best thing after toasted bread. But apart from that I really feel it's a solid synthesizer that can create some fantastic tones. Can it be replaced by software these days? Yeah... I think it probably can. But sometimes it's nice to have a hardware synth you can just turn on and play.

/C
Is virus ti plugin a virtual software plugin synth ? Or a software control for hardware synth ?
Nope.

https://www.virus.info/virusti/overview
I thought this thread is about VST instruments not hardware synths
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Robmobius wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:56 pm Absolutely... I think it's probably the best syth bundle out there for the money.

I think, as you said, the newer snyths are very good. I just think their earlier synths have never been overhauled so still sound lackluster compared to some of the newer stuff. Which is a shame.

But I'd recommend the bundle to anyone (especially when it's on sale!). The only reason I sold my bundle was because I had previously purchased the synths I'd wanted. And as I didn't use the others (or older ones) I sold it.

Love Arturia as a company and their HW is rock solid too. :tu:
Yeah, really wish they’d update some of the older emulations. IMO they should redo the CS-80 emulation from the ground up. Unlike some of the others, there’s not much competition for that one. The only alternative is ME-80, which is okay, but neither one of them is even close to the real thing.

Definitely get V Collection on sale. It’s 50% off several times a year.

It took Arturia quite a few years to win me over as a fan. Their initial product (Storm…the sad Reason ripoff that felt like it was written in Java) was utter garbage. Their first few emulations sounded pretty impressive at the time, but they were very bad at UI and their plugins crashed constantly, so I wrote them off for several more years.

Have to give them credit for sticking with it, because now I think they make some of the best UIs, everything is stable, and they’ve built up a very impressive collection of software and hardware instruments. I have a KeyStep and MicroFreak now too, and use them both every day. Good job, Arturia.
Stormchild

I think doubling down on mastering plugins. I think there are amazing plugins out there and most of them, that are trusted, are great investments - if you don't already have a solution. When it comes to effects, they don't provide as big of a change than a creative plugin. I'm of a belief that you can master with what you have, so overinvesting hurts the wallet more than improves the mix.
Take care :wink:

consordini wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:22 am I think doubling down on mastering plugins. I think there are amazing plugins out there and most of them, that are trusted, are great investments - if you don't already have a solution. When it comes to effects, they don't provide as big of a change than a creative plugin. I'm of a belief that you can master with what you have, so overinvesting hurts the wallet more than improves the mix.
Assuming you’re the same Consordini on YouTube, you did a good job on the SonicState video I watched the other day. Subscribed to your channel.
Stormchild

Return to “Instruments”