Roland JP 08 Short Demo

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi guys!
Just a quick demo of the sound & sequence i made for Roland JP 08, it will be included in my coming soundbank for this brilliant small synthesizer.

https://youtu.be/5QUnd55zWlY
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

Nice little ditty. Curiosity is the verb build in or other?

I really couldnt find myself working with those sliders for sweeps etc during a session. So micro and small for workflow and when sweeping filters and faders etc on those minute controls, can only think how hard it must be if you know what midi value has the "sweet spot" and play it on the fly and keep it (considering hands would be moving between other kit and so on).
Dont get me wrong I love the notion of the "boutique" style, that demo has pretty much confirmed that its not a very tactile work surface/faders. Tweezers and anyone want their nails done? :)

MFXxx wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:30 pm Nice little ditty. Curiosity is the verb build in or other?

I really couldnt find myself working with those sliders for sweeps etc during a session. So micro and small for workflow and when sweeping filters and faders etc on those minute controls, can only think how hard it must be if you know what midi value has the "sweet spot" and play it on the fly and keep it (considering hands would be moving between other kit and so on).
Dont get me wrong I love the notion of the "boutique" style, that demo has pretty much confirmed that its not a very tactile work surface/faders. Tweezers and anyone want their nails done? :)
Reverb comes from Valhalla, but the Delay is internal. When i will do a demo of soundbank i will try to use like 50/50 with reverb and without.
Well, for me this small knobs is ok) i like the size and what the sound it can do - very rich and unique, i didnt remember if i heard something like this in other synthesizers.
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

Definately a great sound, I'm quite fond of Roland and the recent hardware range expanding.
I just wish these manufacturers would manufacturer some more standard sized knobs controls and keybeds.
Personally that's something I simply can't get on with. Not that I have huge hands either. It's simply the ability to swipe faders smoothly with a decent finger bed on the fly. The micro switches are finicky to me. Require too much focus if that makes sense.
Really prefer what they have on the JD800 style and the like.
Saying that I am tinkering this year for some new toys...I want to demo hands on the JDXA. There's so much choice lately. We are all being spoilt.
Look forward to the demo.

MFXxx wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:39 am Definately a great sound, I'm quite fond of Roland and the recent hardware range expanding.
I just wish these manufacturers would manufacturer some more standard sized knobs controls and keybeds.
Personally that's something I simply can't get on with. Not that I have huge hands either. It's simply the ability to swipe faders smoothly with a decent finger bed on the fly. The micro switches are finicky to me. Require too much focus if that makes sense.
Really prefer what they have on the JD800 style and the like.
Saying that I am tinkering this year for some new toys...I want to demo hands on the JDXA. There's so much choice lately. We are all being spoilt.
Look forward to the demo.
hah yeah) More than 10 years ago i was enough just with a few VST's synths...now always looking for more, even when VST sounds more than perfect, it's already not enough for me)
JD800 is incredible synth, maybe one day i will get it in my library :ud:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”