sale all done!

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
fairlyclose
KVRian
824 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:39 am

GaryG wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:40 pm
fairlyclose wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:17 pm
pisses me off that I cant buy echobode from V0RT3X but them's the V0RT3X rules. Although I do find it a bit insulting like one of those movie scenes with "so you dont think my money is good enough for you" :lol:
can't your feedback from your old name be taken into consideration? (assuming you're who I think you are :))
woggle? apparently not. I emailed him/her(?) mentioning that and got no reply. Oh the wasted years!

(well spotted, I am so transparent :lol: )

User avatar
GaryG
KVRAF
6046 posts since 13 Jan, 2003 from Darkest Kent, UK

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:38 am

fairlyclose wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:39 am
woggle? apparently not. I emailed him/her(?) mentioning that and got no reply. Oh the wasted years!

(well spotted, I am so transparent :lol: )
I just remember struggling to change your username at ambientonline before realising I didn't have the rights. :hihi:

I think he should let you buy it just for all the free bumps we're giving him. ;)
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")

tbugz
KVRer
11 posts since 8 May, 2015

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:38 pm

Maybe I'm showing my age but I remember before PP, when it was common to mail checks for goods, many sellers stated "wait 5-7 business days for checks to clear" before shipping the merchandise. Not all businesses but many would specify these terms, presumably to guarantee against bank/check fraud. During that wait time the bank would make sure nothing nefarious was going on.
Now it's different of course with instant transfers but as V0RT3X made clear it comes with much higher risk for fraud. So I was thinking if the old approach of a wait period can be applied to modern commerce like here. Why can't V0RT3X impose a 5-7 business days hold after he received the PP deposit before transferring the account to the buyer if he so chooses? 5-7 business days surely would be enough time to weed out the vast majority of stolen cc accounts, phony bank records etc by PP. If no problem after this wait period V0RT3X will uphold his end of the deal, and it appears he's an honest fellow with many transactions. Thus I see no risk for being scammed by him, just have to wait make sure it's all kosher.

This would be a good compromise imo, allowing the vast majority of people who are honest to take advantage of some good deals, while discouraging the few fraudsters for fear of being found. Of course this is not fail safe if cc fraud slips through the verification process and discovered after 7 days. When my cc info got stolen a few yrs ago it took the bank a day or so to notify. Just a thought.

elxsound
KVRAF
6111 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:32 pm

tbugz wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:38 pm
Maybe I'm showing my age but I remember before PP, when it was common to mail checks for goods, many sellers stated "wait 5-7 business days for checks to clear" before shipping the merchandise. Not all businesses but many would specify these terms, presumably to guarantee against bank/check fraud. During that wait time the bank would make sure nothing nefarious was going on.
Now it's different of course with instant transfers but as V0RT3X made clear it comes with much higher risk for fraud. So I was thinking if the old approach of a wait period can be applied to modern commerce like here. Why can't V0RT3X impose a 5-7 business days hold after he received the PP deposit before transferring the account to the buyer if he so chooses? 5-7 business days surely would be enough time to weed out the vast majority of stolen cc accounts, phony bank records etc by PP. If no problem after this wait period V0RT3X will uphold his end of the deal, and it appears he's an honest fellow with many transactions. Thus I see no risk for being scammed by him, just have to wait make sure it's all kosher.

This would be a good compromise imo, allowing the vast majority of people who are honest to take advantage of some good deals, while discouraging the few fraudsters for fear of being found. Of course this is not fail safe if cc fraud slips through the verification process and discovered after 7 days. When my cc info got stolen a few yrs ago it took the bank a day or so to notify. Just a thought.
Yes, you're showing your age so cut it out! :hihi:

There's nothing with anything you've written.... But I can add that having done similar sales years ago, as someone who loathes the selling process I found it was easier setting my terms, letting people know I was firm on those terms and then reminding them when they still wanted an exception. That was much easier than trying make compromises that suited other people.

There doesn't seem to be a shortage of buyers and chances are it would probably take the exact same amount of time waiting for a buyer that meets his requirements as it would to follow a method like that.

Again as someone who hates dealing with these things, I'm always going to choose the method that suits me UNLESS I'm desperate to sell. If I'm desperate then bring on the compromise.

Oscarfishermusic
KVRist
98 posts since 25 Jul, 2019

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:36 pm

I offered 30 for cassette got no response.

YourMasters
KVRian
546 posts since 21 May, 2017

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:25 pm

Oscarfishermusic wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:36 pm
I offered 30 for cassette got no response.
Then maybe read the OPs rules again:

"Prices are FIRM and fair I think, however IF It says OBO then feel free to make a reasonable offer and I will consider it."

I haven't read OBO next to his Cassette-offering. Maybe that's the reason he didn't reply to your offer.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Stefan

fairlyclose
KVRian
824 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:14 pm

his ridiculous conditions have certainly been successful in keeping his sale near the top - I know I am going to try a similarly paranoid tactic myself - just changed my sale terms this moment in fact

Oscarfishermusic
KVRist
98 posts since 25 Jul, 2019

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:08 am

Maybe if he didn’t write a book. I’d read it. .... not worth arguing. Prices are firm unless OBO next it it. 🤦‍♂️

V0RT3X
KVRAF
8399 posts since 4 Jul, 2012 from Alesia

Post Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:41 pm

boom

Also to all the assholes downvoting my original post, go f*ck yourself. :)

and

To all my buyers thank you!
:borg:

Oscarfishermusic
KVRist
98 posts since 25 Jul, 2019

Post Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:07 pm

I left a downvote. 30 for cassette is reasonable. it was 30 when it intro priced. and It emulates bad quality sounds lol.

V0RT3X
KVRAF
8399 posts since 4 Jul, 2012 from Alesia

Post Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:55 pm

bump with some stuff sold.
good riddance
:borg:

Smack Dammit
KVRist
43 posts since 19 Mar, 2012

Post Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:17 pm

Wouldn't mind taking strobe 2 off your hands.. Haven't been here in years but I have bought a few things in the past..

User avatar
LeVzi
KVRAF
2367 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:14 am

Are you talking about TAL Dub X ? (I'd think you are seeing as the others are free lol)
Forward ever, Backward never

V0RT3X
KVRAF
8399 posts since 4 Jul, 2012 from Alesia

Post Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:51 am

LeVzi wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:14 am
Are you talking about TAL Dub X ? (I'd think you are seeing as the others are free lol)
:lol: yah i made a mistake there and fixed it. All good now :tu:

and also bump
:borg:

V0RT3X
KVRAF
8399 posts since 4 Jul, 2012 from Alesia

Post Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:12 pm

bump
:borg:

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”