untitled - new, space

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Originally
"One track going to one instance of Absynth. This is a pretty lively patch."
and that's the past now. Although the Absynth-only render can't be very different, I did almost nothing to that, MIDI or patch.

still fetching
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jancivil wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:41 pm untitled

One track going to one instance of Absynth. This is a pretty lively patch.
bit of an understatement ...
absynth is the ne plus ultra of mseg control of parameters ...

expanding on this ?..

Oh yeah.
Lots of possibilities, there some semi-hidden themes asserting themselves.
I'm pleased with this, one session just laying some notes down L to R without fugging with it. I started with a patch from last year and hit Mutate, that has to be noted (it really subtracted from what I had which was too much).
Sometimes I get into the LFO page. Lot of what's in there is a mystery to me, but ok. I'm not going to get bogged down too much. More important WHAT gets modulated.

That's great!

thanks! :)

Very cool. Nice level of anxiety throughout, harshly punctuated. I like it.

Thanks for the share, Jan, it ended my listening for the day with a most satisfying conclusion. :)

dp

thanks for that

I have to live with this a day or so, it seems like there's nothing that I should alter. except the ending, which is just letting the processes wind down.

Very interesting sound, i like this kind of stuff :tu:
:borg:

thanks for saying so

I think I'll title it Far-Fetching

Deliciously broken. Absynth never gets old.

Absynth is incredible. I can hardly wait for Clevinger's new synth.

i did hope new machine would mean new tunes.listening now 8)

moments where it sounds like you are losing control, then you reign it back in just a touch.
my kind of out there! somewhere :ud:
nice work :)

Hard to believe that's Absynth. For a minute, I thought I was listening to something by Vurt.

Guess I need to take my Absynth out and start messing around with it.

The cloud filter is huge for me. the range is preposterous, the degree of inharmonicity it can generate, which is then controllable, scultable, in myriad ways. The thing I started to get into about 3 yrs ago is to turn harmonic clashes into movement, exploding a chunk of sound into bits, where LFO takes the harmonic content into the horizontal to the extent you provide for it to. And Mutate which in this case backed off the energy into something more musical or a little more manageable. I'm reminded of the single most meaningful thing a teacher said to me, Alden Jenks: "Lot of energy here. Now, subtract from it.".

Return to “Music Cafe”