Vintage electronica

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We are excited to announce the release of Alma le Coquillage. An pompous electronic piece with pulsing synth lines, cinematic strings, swelling pads, deep punchy drums and a bit of peotry.

Here comes a challenge for all synth enthusiasts:

What synthesizers do you think was used for this track ?

And oh ! As always - feedback is always welcome :-)

Enjoy and good luck with the guessing :tu:

You can listen to the track here:

https://spiritualmachinery.bandcamp.com ... coquillage

Last edited by sfd on Sat May 02, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Okay, here's a clue:

There's a modular.
There's an emulation.

Here's another clue. *Or well..."help":

There is only 2 synths used :-)

Just uploaded a little video for this track :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWLciSshJBM

Love it! Beautiful song, vocals, and production. Getting some Enigma vibes, which is my favourite artist, but it sounds unique. :tu:

Added to my playlist on Apple Music. :)

Would be interested to know the instruments used for the sounds.

Thank you so much !
Really hapy you liked it and appreicate you placed it on your playlist.

You where wondering about the Instruments used. There's an interview with us here where you can find out about the instruments. As well as the making of the song and it's background. Interviwed , apart from myself and Nori Ubukata, is also our new band member French pianist, vocalist and avant-garde artist Cynthia Caubisens.

You're welcome, and thanks to you actually. :)

Thanks for the link, unfortunately, it did not work. But this worked: https://warlockasyluminternationalnews. ... machinery/

I will go through it. Cheers! :tu:

Just read the full interview. Very interesting. I liked how you guys were not trying to show off with any answers. They were quite realistic.

I would like to quote my favorite para from the interview. :tu:
Hakan Sunar: There are some projects in progress. They’re a bit different from Alma. But I guess changes in sound and direction has become a bit of our trademark by now. It just mirrors our broad musical taste. And so, as for some of the projects in the pipeline. One is quite baroqueish while another track got more of an ambient or lounge feel. But you never know. That might change as we progress. So, our next release will be a bit of a surprise for everyone. Including ourselves.
While having a core style is important, the diversity of sounds and instruments available these days means that we need not follow what previous artists have been doing - to keep similar style or sound. Every new song can have a different style/sound and we indeed need to surprise ourselves. It's all about creative exploration. I am telling this more to myself than anyone else. :)

Ah, yes. You certainly got a good point there.

Regarding styles: There are , of course, a lot of things that plays into the choice of style. This is to big a subject write in a single post.

However I'd like to point out a few factors that might be of interest.

One is that certain sounds tend to make you play in a certain way. Not only duke to what musical preferences for a given sound but also due to the type of the sound as such.

So, sounds by themselves tend to give a direction.

Another thing is that the architecture of music puts you in a frame that basically means that making music is very much about copying. You might be very innovative but as long as you are in that framework called Music You will have to play with the building blocks in that framweork. And in that sense you're copying.

What you hope to do is to try to put your own musical identity to it. But as wiht all our other identities we have several musical identities.

So either you restrict yourself or you don't. If you don't then, hopefully, at the end you might be able to make any music tha will be recognized as yours.

But that is easier said then done :)

Good points indeed.
One is that certain sounds tend to make you play in a certain way. Not only duke to what musical preferences for a given sound but also due to the type of the sound as such.

So, sounds by themselves tend to give a direction.
Couldn't agree more. You probably cannot come up with the same euphoric melody on a piano (or a piano sound) that you can using a synth sound that drives you to create it.

One way or the other, your identity will show up in your songs. So even if you are trying to copy someone, you will eventually have something that you can relate yourself with - unless you copy it completely of course.

Wish you the best. It's been nice interacting with you and your interview and music has been inspiring. Thank you! :tu:

Thanks a lot for your interest and that you took the time to listen (and read). :tu:

In case you follow us on social media or check our website - we will have a nice giveaway in teh near future :)

Return to “Music Cafe”