psylab wrote:Demo Limitations:

Limited to one instance
Saving of presets is disabled
Wav export and drag n drop to daw is disabled
No multi output
Sorry for the noise!
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

It's probably the buffer it uses to calculate the waveforms.

One thing which I've just mailed the dev for is the export function is set at 44.1/32 rather than the DAW project settings.

Another is the exported waveforms it creates I can't adjust the size of in Musical Mode in Cubase for some really odd reason?

Tested this for a few days now and it has been rock solid on my Win 10, Cubase 10.5 setup

The kick and bass interaction is really tight and I feel the user interface is quite easy to get around.

If you look at the ram usage on the right hand side, I have been informed that is your system performance and not the VST. I have asked the Dev for modulation options and he has been super helpful and responsive to my requests.

Really excited to use and see the development on this.

Love it!

Did the "purchase" option disappear from the website? I am sure there were three options to choose from a little while ago and now all I'm getting is the demo option.

Looks like it's gone, hope he's removed it to update it or fix some bugs.

The more I try to use it within a DAW the more frustrating it becomes.

Using it as a regular VST synth and I get clicks each time it restarts the buffer loop. I've tried clicking near everything I can see to get rid of this. I don't think it snaps the waveforms to zero. Also I can't figure out how to change the key of the sequencer via midi control.

Using it to render track loops internally and it's a pain. It renders silence without the loop running. It sometimes saves it to my own location and then reverts back to its own preset location. It uses a fixed sample rate so if it's different to your DAW then you need to resample it on import or you get it played at a different speed.

Rendering in Cubase mixdown works but you need to have the loop playing before you click render or it'll just get silence.

Basically you create your loop. Mixdown render in your DAW then alter it and do it again. Prob easier to just save each sound as a sample and go from there. It needs drag n drop audio/midi direct to DAW.

Hopefully I'm doing it wrong and I'll have a eureka moment.
Last edited by wickfut on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Messaged the Dev:
Yes sadly i had to temp remove sales because was doing that as an individual, but i need to conform to many complex things like EU TVA, confidential policies ect.. aspects
wich are much more complex than planned :/ ..
Will let you know when its sorted out..
best fx

well I hope he figures it out soon

wickfut wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:11 pm Looks like it's gone, hope he's removed it to update it or fix some bugs.

The more I try to use it within a DAW the more frustrating it becomes.

Using it as a regular VST synth and I get clicks each time it restarts the buffer loop. I've tried clicking near everything I can see to get rid of this. I don't think it snaps the waveforms to zero. Also I can't figure out how to change the key of the sequencer via midi control.

Using it to render track loops internally and it's a pain. It renders silence without the loop running. It sometimes saves it to my own location and then reverts back to its own preset location. It uses a fixed sample rate so if it's different to your DAW then you need to resample it on import or you get it played at a different speed.

Rendering in Cubase mixdown works but you need to have the loop playing before you click render or it'll just get silence.

Basically you create your loop. Mixdown render in your DAW then alter it and do it again. Prob easier to just save each sound as a sample and go from there.

Hopefully I'm doing it wrong and I'll have a eureka moment.
I haven't gotten very deep into it yet. So far at least no problems with clicks or anything. But it's probably not so bad that the dev has to figure out the European tax system, forces me to demo a bit more and it sounds like that's a good thing.

Mail from DEV.

Has got drag n drop to daw. saved midi/wav file name is placed top left and you can drag it, tested and works.

Made life easier.

So the DEV switched to Gumroad is a solution for now. You can purchase here: https://gumroad.com/l/aHnTW

Psylab is now available to buy again :)
@ gondii
We posted at the same time ;)
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

This plugin is amazing! After I demoed it, I bought it immediately. Seriously.

Some requests:
- More presets please! They are great but many more needed!
- It needs the ability to create random sounds, mutate sounds, and hybridize sounds (from 2 patches).
- Keep polishing the GUI and it's layout. It's great that it's vector and resizable, but it could be easier on the eyes. It's fine though because I absolutely love the sound.

To the dev: keep going, this is great!
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Vertion wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:48 am This plugin is amazing! After I demoed it, I bought it immediately. Seriously.

Some requests:
- More presets please! They are great but many more needed!
- It needs the ability to create random sounds, mutate sounds, and hybridize sounds (from 2 patches).
- Keep polishing the GUI and it's layout. It's great that it's vector and resizable, but it could be easier on the eyes. It's fine though because I absolutely love the sound.

To the dev: keep going, this is great!
Indeed I also find the presets great :-)
More presets of such quality would be of course very wellcome.

I contacted the dev about the gui because I find it too dark and he is willing to look for a skin system but he also wrote it may takes time as there are a lot of elements to deal with.

BTW I found him to to be very responsive, just mail him with your request ;-)
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Hi there,

Thanks for your support,
Just for info, a new psylab version has been uploaded today wich should adress some of the things mentioned in this thread and some other user requests. you can get it in your user account. Ill try to bring more presets in the futur (feel free to send me some at psylab_info@fx23.net if wanna help ;) (sadly hard times to balance my real work with dev time but ill do my best..) cheers'

Code: Select all

Build 2610 17/07/2020 

_fixed:    Bounce sound to wav would make the output file always 44.1k, now uses current working samplerate.
_fixed:    In special circumstances at specific tempis and especially high non 44.1k samplerates some internal sequencer notes drop outs could occur.
_fixed:    Potential crash if trying to bounce at 96-192k very long durations.  
_improved: Reference file function to work at any samplerate for both file and project.
           (if the ref file is different SR than working SR, will be resampled via lagrange interpolation)
           so can extract its pitch and amp envellopes accurately. improved pitch env estimation algo precision.
           ref file is normalized then can now adjust playback volume via drag Y on the button.
           ie for easier A-B match/compare bettween ref and worked kick.
_added:  Each oscillator modulator can now pick the other oscillator as source.
        means FM/PM/RM/AM, phase warp and amp warp can be controlled by the other oscillator.
_added: New Fast SVF filter type, good behaviour to fast modulations/envellopes.
_added: New option in prefs allow to disable log startup splash screen.
_added: Last used Ui size will be stored in prefs xml, and reloaded when re-opening Standalone or vst daw project.
_added: Last used user folder for wav/midi files export is now stored in prefs xml, and will be the default one on 
        reopening standalone / vsti new instance.
_changed: If seq is stopped in standalone, show "stopped" rather than ppq number keeping increasing.
  	  (if vst does same if daw transport is stopped)
_improved: Mouse moves main axis detection that could lead to scrollers extremity occasional unwanted shifts. 
_added:    All major curve editor options (Default Link Tangents, show wave, show nodes datas, and show cursor)
           user choices are now stored in .xml on exit and recalled on reopening.
_changed:  removed options in prefs wich are already on interface (ie show scope, keyboard, waves in curve editor)
           to be less crowded.
           Preferences are now organized in sub-sections (Ui, audio, vu-meters ect..).
_fixed: SEQ: vst :if using non power of two chainor length, ie 3, at some point would reset/loop at wrong position as was using a modulo of 8 bars.
           (note the standalone still resets its clock each 32 bars to keep precision).
_improved: Increased text luminosity and text size in midi assign menu, text size will increase if increasing ui size.
_improved: Scope datas text behaviour if resizing ui.
_improved: Pitch cv min/max buttons text will scale with ui.
_improved: Fx order text will scale with ui.
_improved: If changing pitch cv min/max, values are stored in undo before modifications.
_impoved:  by default when loading an SQP preset, it loads all the datas of the 8 patterns.
           now if pressing CTRL, it will load the presets datas patern 0 only on currently selected patern, preserving the others.
           useful ie to change only a patern loading templates.
_improved: When loading a new SQP preset sequencer scroller will auto adjust to show the contained notes.
_improved: When loading a new SQP preset will internally force all older notes stop to avoid hanging notes.

Kickass plug!
And Bassass too :hihi:
Bought it without even demoing right after stumbling across the first youtube dev put up a few weeks ago.
Excited to see what future enhancements and features await!

All my requests made it to the update.

nice one.

Return to “Instruments”