New Dmitry Sches Synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tantra 2 announced as soon to be released

I'm glad Tantra didn't have a sale in so long, it was on my wish list.

gaf_thit wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:44 pm Tantra 2 announced as soon to be released
link?
source?

Plugin Alliance newsletter from today. More info:

https://imgur.com/a/l7PSm0g

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=548726

Thanks : I had read it, but didn't realized Tantra2 was featured :)

Sorry, was posting while watching footbal... Easily distracted. I meant to write the source...
It was way down on the list in the newsletter, so how soon it will be are yet to be seen.

I really don't want to go through hundreds of posts, but Dirk (the CEO of Plugin Alliance) posted a couple months ago in the PA Facebook group what we can expect over the next two years. And he also wrote "another DS synth". Not sure if he meant Tantra 2 or if we are getting something else as well. But for sure the list that was published is not everything that's planned.

Edit: Actually I took a screenshot. So it says DS Audio Synth and also the PPG stuff is still missing.

https://imgur.com/a/F9Hg8XV
Last edited by gondii on Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm sure he meant Diversion 2. Dmitry works on that for quite a while now, and it should be finished soon, I think (no idea, last corresponded with him some years ago). It was surely not Tantra which was meant, because, obviously, it's a fx unit.

Ah great, that makes sense. I'll take both! :D

Me too, I need a diversion.

Hope the upgrade price for tantra is reasonable.

He probably been working on both. U-he style working process. You create new modules (fx) for a synth and then release them before they implemented in the final product.

gaf_thit wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:25 am I need a diversion
Great pun :lol:

Apparently no news on DS AUDIO Tantra 2 release date?

synthatic wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:32 pm
gaf_thit wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:25 am I need a diversion
Great pun :lol:
That's punny!

So any news on Tantra2?

Hm.. According to that pic earlier, it was planned to be release 2 years ago :D

BUT. It's almost 2021 now, Tantra 2 will be most welcome and I'll be all over it. I also have Diversion (even though I rarely use it) and I've been hanging on that license mostly because of the possible V2. I don't need any synths anymore since I have a plenty, but there's always room for some Sches delicacies :D

Return to “Instruments”