Can someone please make a proper Prophet VS plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

stratum wrote:
same here ,i never heard about it before,it's amazing that it uses a Motorola 68000 emulation and the original prophet vs software
It's from the same era as commodore amiga, I guess. That would mean that that rom is not actually doing anything really interesting and almost all relevant stuff is analog.
The ROMs are the heart of the whole thing because thats where all the software is on.

Without them, all you have is a bunch of hardware that doesnt do anything.

(Or in this case an emulator that has nothing to work with.)

Yes the Rom is the heart. :borg:

Just finished this - FWIW.
Not intended as a full VS emulation, but gets close in many ways.
Offers the option of routing the four Vector outputs through their own multimode filter. Can switch between SQ-80 style multistage EGs or DAHDSRs. LFOs patterned after the odd-ball ones in the Oberheim OB-Mx (which seem heavily influenced by Don Buchla's input). Also includes all the waves/samples from the Ensoniq SQ-80. Wave mixes created by the joystick can be saved as a new waveform.
Updated 8/2/20 to V1.04.
https://ln.sync.com/dl/62c9b9f70/bbjdaw ... 9473320004
Vektor.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kevin brown on Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Powered by quilcom? Collaboration with sprogg?

Yep - Spogg created the Vector joystick system for his 'Blender 2' plugin, and the envelopes for (but ultimately not used in) a collaborative plugin called 'RazorBlade' based on the Ensoniq SQ-80.

Guess I should re-name this; Kriminal already put out a series of vector-based synths called Vektor in 2007- just found this out. Don't know if they're still available.

Spogg's plugins available here: http://flowstoners.com/quilcom
Last edited by kevin brown on Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok

Vektor is 64-bit now. Gradually porting all my better projects over to 64-bit. They are clearly indicated as such on the opening page.

I understand Wavestation is the VS successor and Korg already did a perfect emulation. What advatages does the VS (1986) have over the Wavestation (1990)?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Cherry Audio added some excellent vector modules to their modular synth

electro wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:39 am I understand Wavestation is the VS successor and Korg already did a perfect emulation. What advatages does the VS (1986) have over the Wavestation (1990)?
Main difference might be the real analog filter in the Prophet VS based on the CEM 3379 that is also used in the Ensoniq ESQ-1 and SQ-80.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I figured it might be something like that, Wavestation digital filter versus VS analog VCF.. What classic patches was the VS known for? Anything that can't be duplicated on Wavestion with the same waveforms?

Wavestation was even designed by the same team that did the VS (they went to Korg after Sequential folded).

...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Wavestation is very nice but VS probably snappier, harsher and a tad more aggressive I wouldn't mind seeing a good emu.

U-He or Synapse should do a Korg DW + VS combined VST actually.

yul wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:09 am Wavestation is very nice but VS probably snappier, harsher and a tad more aggressive I wouldn't mind seeing a good emu.

U-He or Synapse should do a Korg DW + VS combined VST actually.
Even the Wavestation and VS dev team were the same people. Let's see some proof there isn't just a negligible 5% difference between both synths before we start demanding yet another emulation. The Juno-60 and Juno-6 are nearly identical.

Return to “Instruments”