is there a vst plugin similar to reason 5 kong "rattler"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

those of you familar with reason and its KONG drum machine im sure are familiar with the rattler plug in effect...

essentially it adds liek a "snare" to wahtever input is put in and it creates like a sort of extra additional rattle around whatever sound is input into it...

you guys know of anything similar in the vst world?

audiognostic wrote: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:01 pm you guys know of anything similar in the vst world?
Did you find a VST plugin that does the same thing as Rattler?
The Rattler adds the effect of a snare “attached” to whatever sound is fed through it. Using the Rattler in combination with other types of sounds than “usual” snare drum sounds can produce really interesting results! Ever played a snare bass drum, or a snare hi-hat, for example? The parameters are as follows:

Snare Tension This sets the tension of the snare. Note that when the Snare Tension is increased, the effect will actually be less pronounced since the snare will have “less contact” with the sound source.

Tone This is a filter similar to the one used in Redrum and affects the frequency content of the output signal.

Decay This sets how long the snare will “ring”.

Tune This sets the snare tuning, from low to high, and affects the frequency content of the signal.

Level This sets the overall level of the Rattler. The level is also affected by velocity.

I've used Kong's Rattler to process other instruments, the closest I've found in plugin-land is WavesFactory SnareBuzz.

Reason's rattler is quite unique, I feel kong is also really unappreciated as a drum synthesis engine.

Past the aforementioned SnareBuzz, it seems that developing your own workflow with samples would be the other option.

I tried to search the web for some alternatives, but nothing seemed to come up. Would be interesting to see more alternatives.
Take care :wink:

Seems like Noize vst by Denise might work for something like this?

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 73-Noize-2

Winstontaneous wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:52 pm I've used Kong's Rattler to process other instruments, the closest I've found in plugin-land is WavesFactory SnareBuzz.
Yes, that's the one I found too, but Rattler allows you to tweak the sound more. Unfortunately Rattler isn't also an effect device on its own in Reason.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:48 am Unfortunately Rattler isn't also an effect device on its own in Reason.
I've just been told that you can also use Kong's effects without having to use Kong's sampling section. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:28 am
Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:48 am Unfortunately Rattler isn't also an effect device on its own in Reason.
That's how I've done it.

I've just been told that you can also use Kong's effects without having to use Kong's sampling section. :)

I have thought of this a lot in the past few years. Never realized Reason had something like this...I always loved listening to my basement jams back in the day and the way the bass just on its' own would rattle the snare springs. Really cool character and really sort of a reverb/foley thing happening.

Return to “Effects”