Kontakt 6.3.0 Update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just noticed that there's a new update for Kontakt 6 (now 6.3.0). The change log talks about GUI performance and UI improvements (Native Access doesn't allow me to copy here the whole list of fixes and new features, so go there to have a look).
Last edited by Sahul on Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The giant is still alive :tu:

Thanks for the heads-up!

Here you go.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Hopefully, these are all under the hood preparations for 4k support.... ;-)

Seriously, if they'd just scale the GUI to 150 and 200% (including text) it would be a nice work around until they could get proper dynamic scaling in order.

This has totally broken Kontakt and now I can't finish projects that use Kontakt.
f**ked me up as i'm working to a deadline and now the tracks with Kontakt glitch the project out, no audio and the the CPU spikes like crazy and it's not recalling the sounds/instruments. When I bypass Kontakt the rest of the song plays fine but i'm missing my instruments. I'm using Reaper 6 on Catalina.

Any one else have this problem?
I can't find the previous installer to try and roll back, any ideas where i can find it?

simmo75 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:57 pm This has totally broken Kontakt and now I can't finish projects that use Kontakt.
f**ked me up as i'm working to a deadline and now the tracks with Kontakt glitch the project out, no audio and the the CPU spikes like crazy and it's not recalling the sounds/instruments. When I bypass Kontakt the rest of the song plays fine but i'm missing my instruments. I'm using Reaper 6 on Catalina.

Any one else have this problem?
I can't find the previous installer to try and roll back, any ideas where i can find it?
- Which libraries does your project contain?
- Issue happens on one specific project?
- If you start a new project and load Kontakt, works fine?
- If you REALLY need to roll back contact NI support for 6.22 installer

I’ve figured out what library it was that is causing the issue and contacted the support department.

simmo75 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:01 am I’ve figured out what library it was that is causing the issue and contacted the support department.
Can you in any case write which library it is? :)

faxinadu wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:07 am
simmo75 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:01 am I’ve figured out what library it was that is causing the issue and contacted the support department.
Can you in any case write which library it is? :)
Cycles by Slate+Ash.

Thanks!

simmo75 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:57 pm This has totally broken Kontakt and now I can't finish projects that use Kontakt.
Thanks for sharing. It's quite possible you saved a couple people's projects.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

Don't know if it's related, or true (I don't have the knowledge to say), but someone on VI-Control posted

https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... st-4594854

------

Looks like real numbers arrays persistence is broken in 6.3, take this simple test:

on init
make_perfview
message("")
declare ui_knob $val_1 (0,100,1)
declare ui_knob $val_2 (0,100,1)
declare ui_label $info (2,2)
declare ?values[2]
make_persistent (?values)
end on

on ui_control ($val_1)
?values[0] := int_to_real($val_1)/100.0
set_text($info,?values[0])
end on

on ui_control ($val_2)
?values[1] := int_to_real($val_2)/100.0
set_text($info,?values[1])
end on

on persistence_changed
$val_1 := real_to_int(?values[0] * 100.0)
$val_2 := real_to_int(?values[1] * 100.0)
set_text($info,?values[0])
add_text_line($info,?values[1])
end on

I reckon, this is gonna break a lot of libraries.

Slate + Ash have now sent out support emails recommending not to upgrade to Kontakt 6.3 and have recognized the recall issues. Hopefully they’ll fix it soon.

Return to “Instruments”