Turning vocals or guitar audio into synth type sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You mean like daftpunk?

Vatta wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:47 am You mean like daftpunk?
HA I honestly don't know, is he the one with a motorbike helmet ? Other than that I know nothing

melodyne studio spectral shaping can change timbre in da way you mentioned. someone mentioned Morph2, personally Morph2 only shines when you morph 2 sounds with similar character like flute with vocal or pluck with pluck but it produces a lot of noise on top similar to a vododer. melodyne can also envelope the sound too

hotmitts wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:44 am
Vatta wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:47 am You mean like daftpunk?
HA I honestly don't know, is he the one with a motorbike helmet ? Other than that I know nothing
Yes they are the one with helmet and robot costume :lol:

hotmitts wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:17 pm
FrettedSynth wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:13 pm https://rekkerd.org/fretted-synth/ Old and 32bit only but you could try some of the synths for vocals\guitar
Thank you FrettedSynth, so StringSculptor2, Trampler, TrippLead - you load them as effects on an audio source ? Personally I use Reason (don't ask) which doesn't like 32 bit VST or bridge software so I'll have to remember how to do stuff in Reaper again haha
Yes they are loaded as an effect and convert gate\frequency to trigger a internal synth. Bunch of different version for .sf2, .wav or built in oscillator. Have some that give MIDI out but they get iffy on lower notes and latency gets a bit high.

Waves OVox has some great robotic/synth-like sounds, and can output MIDI so you can make your vocals drive any synth VST, in real time.

Izotope VocalSynth is similar, but I don't believe it has MIDI out.

rocko_the_cat wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:52 pm Waves OVox has some great robotic/synth-like sounds, and can output MIDI so you can make your vocals drive any synth VST, in real time...
I'd heard of it but didn't know it has MIDI out...might have to pick it up if it's on sale

hotmitts wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:47 pm
rocko_the_cat wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:52 pm Waves OVox has some great robotic/synth-like sounds, and can output MIDI so you can make your vocals drive any synth VST, in real time...
I'd heard of it but didn't know it has MIDI out...might have to pick it up if it's on sale
Yeah they added MIDI out shortly after the original release I believe. It's consistently been on sale for around $70 since it was released. I bought it a few months ago for $70 and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Return to “Effects”