Feedback request for my new track Season

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Feedback on the track below is much appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/user-568715984/season

* Thump could be shortened, giving enough space for the next thump to have more dynamic impact. As it is it's too omnipresent.
* Very little happening in the low mids, resulting in a thin, thumpy-sounding mix
* Musical style isn't exactly my thing, so I can't comment on that
* Maybe a little too much excitation on the master? Up to you :)
* Nice intro.

The production does need something injected - it does seem to lack some dimension, although @2:50 thats a nice pluck that pans, so things like that help.
I can't quite put my finger on whats not quite right. I do know that you might benefit from putting something in the higher octave range like a high-string.

I really like the drive in the bassline+kick.
The pluck should have a bigger role in the beginning, leading up to the break. It's to good to have in the backseat :)

At 04:12 the hihats seems to be pushed back and not as prominent in the mix as it is before the break.
IMO the tune loses some energy after the break.

I am on a new pair of head phones that I really haven't figured out yet, BUT, the song seems a bit "muffled", imo?

I hope you don't see this as all negative, it is a really good tune! :)

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback, very useful!

I like the dynamic mix, but either the intro is too quiet or the kick is too loud when the kick comes in. I had to turn my volume up for the intro then turn my volume down when the arrival of the kick.

The song is ok. It's very reminiscent of System F - Out of the blue and Gouryella - Gouryella and Rank 1 - Airwave. (i don't know if all three of these songs are Ferry Corsten). The first part of the song remind me a bit of psy-trance, i'm just mentioning because i don't know what your intention were. Actually i listened a second time and i like the song, well done. I can actually hear Rank 1 - Airwave when i listen your song tho!

Return to “Music Cafe”