Need Help for Softube plugins freezing my DAW(s)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

all my plugins from Softube (TSAR-1 Reverb, Fix Doubler, Flanger, Saturation Knob, etc.) are loading very slowly, laggy, GUI is freezing, DAW is not reacting (S1 Pro 4.6.2, Bitwig Studio 3.2.2-Win 10 Pro).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with Softube Central, it shows "all plugins are activated" but no success.

I wrote to support@softube.com and didn't get an answer since 11 days, very frustrating.
I had a system (HD) crash before and had to install Windows and DAWs again and all my plugs. which are working fine exept the Softube plugins.

Help appreciated very much

Nobody similar problems?

The other thing is: I get no reply to my support ticket from Softube sent 17.06.2020.
Softube Website: "We are experiencing a very high support ticket influx at the moment, and as a result, it might take several business days for us to get back to you."

Don't know what Softube means with "several", but 13 days is a bit much...

Anybody got a reply from Softube the last 2 weeks?

Try the VST2 versions of the plugins. It is a known issue with Bitwig and Softube VST3 plugins, although I was under the impression this was fixed with the latest plugin updates.

thanks for your input, but it is with both versions here, vst3 and vst2 and in Bitwig and also in Studio One. It is not happening on my iMac, only on my Win 10 PC.

The strange thing is, that these problems didn't happen on my last System Win 10 Pro before the HD crash. I don't get any response - exept automated reply - from softube since 14 business days, really bad

Do you have any other iLok plugins? If so, how are they behaving?

Are you running latest Win10 ver?
Do you have an older Nvidia GPU?
Also, try enabling/disabling Open GL graphics acceleration and see whether that resolves the issue.

Hi,

thanks guys for your input.

No, i don't have iLok plugin issues with other plugins, only Softube. My Win 10 is the latest.
Graphic Card is onboard, Intel HD Graphics 4000. Yes it looks like a graphical issue. I have just downloaded Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant-Installer, it seems there that there is a newer driver.
This is how TSAR-1 looks for a few seconds after inserting, then the GUI with the knobs appears, but nothing is working no knob movements etc., DAW freezes. Quit only with taskmanager possible.
I will install the Intel app now and see what happens. :roll:
TSAR.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yippeeh :party: ! Its working! Intel Driver updater solves the problem.

Hey there,

i found another (possibly related) bug and a solution regarding Softube VST plugins - on Windows.

The problem i am experiencing is that the plugin editor window is crashing.
The window itself stays functional but the Preset Browser/Collection is not and can't be opened.

It seems that the plugins themself are responsible for the issue.
I was able to solve the issue by setting "PRESET_COLLECTION_WINDOW_HEIGHT" and "PRESET_COLLECTION_WINDOW_WIDTH" (in %APPDATA%\Softube\Softube Preset Collection Settings.txt) to some sensible values.

In my case those values were set to "0" after adding a custom preset and/or resizing/moving the Preset Browser window.

I hope this will help somebody.
Cheers !
strobotone - electronica funk for music lovers

strobotone wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:51 pm Hey there,

i found another (possibly related) bug and a solution regarding Softube VST plugins - on Windows.

The problem i am experiencing is that the plugin editor window is crashing.
The window itself stays functional but the Preset Browser/Collection is not and can't be opened.

It seems that the plugins themself are responsible for the issue.
I was able to solve the issue by setting "PRESET_COLLECTION_WINDOW_HEIGHT" and "PRESET_COLLECTION_WINDOW_WIDTH" (in %APPDATA%\Softube\Softube Preset Collection Settings.txt) to some sensible values.

In my case those values were set to "0" after adding a custom preset and/or resizing/moving the Preset Browser window.

I hope this will help somebody.
Cheers !
Thanks for post. I will try that. I am getting some freezing in Cubase with Mutator and AmpRoom.

Does anyone know if there is a doc that states what is the recommended sample rate setting by Softube for these plugins? I checked their manuals.. not must about it there.

Return to “Instruments”