My mixing, now with reverb. What do you think?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

These three for example, they're not "boring", they're of its genre.

https://soundcloud.com/user-492255322/s ... FjtrlZo3XC

I don 't agree having a good mixdown is a problem. I think having a good mixdown is the difference between a good or an [indifference] track.

Here's a couple of recent songs which aren't a billion miles away from Marcel Dettmann. I think there's definitely an improvement. The first song says "septic techhouse" but actually i think it's definitely a techno song. The second song is progressive with a vocal.

https://soundcloud.com/user-492255322/s ... Ccet1J79cf

https://soundcloud.com/user-492255322/gm-dark-mixd

Let me know about these songs please. Cheers!
Last edited by Spring Goose on Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

empphryio wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:46 pm I don't think they were slamming you just for fun though.

Ok mate i just thought they were a bit OTT. I'm not worried about it any more.

I like the second a lot Those your vocals? I don't feel knowledgeable enough to make any suggestions. Sounded pretty good to me.

The first is ok. Maybe I'm in a different mood or maybe you figured it out. They both keep my interest. I can't think of any helpful suggestions.

empphryio wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:47 pm I like the second a lot Those your vocals? I don't feel knowledgeable enough to make any suggestions. Sounded pretty good to me.

The first is ok. Maybe I'm in a different mood or maybe you figured it out. They both keep my interest. I can't think of any helpful suggestions.
I think i just chanced it!

No i don't do vocals (yet). It's from a sample cd, although i slowed it down about 30% to fit.

Cheers for listening!

layzer wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:59 am i grew quit bored of it fairly quickly, reverb used or not.
all of your "songs" are repetitive and boring. no matter how good the mix is. :shrug:
work on song structure, arrangement, chord progressions and melodies. :idea:
layzer is right ! It´s boring ! Your tracks are containing not more than 4-5 loops and you are calling that a song.
You don´t bother learning about songwriting (including all and more mentioned by layzer), but have many excuses why this isn´t necessary and that´s the genre and blablabla ...
It isn´t the genre, but just an expression of your laziness and ignorance.
Your attitude reminds me of that guy from an youtube ad, who is promoting a software which is doing all the music theory and more, because "If you´re like me and know nothing about theory, than this software is all you need to produce a killer song"
That´s this generation making excuses for their lazy, dumb, ignorant and disrespectful attitude when it comes to music production.
Everybody can make music now for a couple $, but talent and attitude aren´t that cheap to buy.

It´s ok having fun making music, but that doesn´t help with ignorance ...

Just go to youtube and watch a couple of videos from real professionals in your genre and you´ll learn how complex this can be.

You may just want to start a new post Goose as you may be getting comments now that are from people just now only listening to the originally posted music.

You don't like that music isn't just a past-time for the privileged nowadays?

drumity wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:47 pm
layzer wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:59 am i grew quit bored of it fairly quickly, reverb used or not.
all of your "songs" are repetitive and boring. no matter how good the mix is. :shrug:
work on song structure, arrangement, chord progressions and melodies. :idea:
That´s this generation making excuses for their lazy, dumb, ignorant and disrespectful attitude when it comes to music production.

Which generation was the authority and the teachers and syllabus providers?

You know FA about me.
Last edited by Spring Goose on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

--
Last edited by Spring Goose on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drumity wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:47 pm
You don´t bother learning about songwriting (including all and more mentioned by layzer), but have many excuses why this isn´t necessary and that´s the genre and blablabla ...
That isn't true. I bought Rick Snoman's "dance music manual" book recently.

--
Last edited by Spring Goose on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We have to live in this horrible society that you created, where we are blamed and punished for things which are NOT OUR FAULT. We're not the bosses and the leaders. We go to work where we are abused and mistreated by members of your generation. Maybe education is the problem, but we're not the providers of the education is my point. I'm not lazy BTW, i have 9 GCSE A-C 4 A and i worked very hard at school to have a job.

Actually my generation isn't the You Tube generation. Actually You Tube videos is a bit of a culture shock to me. We didn't even have internet and mobile phones when i was at school, let alone music technology.

Careers guidance when i was at school, that's an example of something very disrespectful. 11 years of compulsory education, then two 30 minute careers guidance sessions during revision time of GCSES. I chose "factory" for my profession, because i believed that my preferred choices of proper careers weren't available to me because of the biased and unbalanced society, then 2 years after leaving school i changed my choice to "dance music DJ". There wasn't books and You Tube videos about DJing so i had to learn it by myself, the same as there wasn't books and You Tube videos about using Cubase 5.1. I remember opening Cubase 5.1 for the first time and i thought it looked like a blank piece of paper! But then i managed to teach myself how to use Cubase. My point is that an idea of "career" was put into my subconscious, and then i have after the practically horrific treatment by bosses at work pursued a career of something i actually enjoy and without abusive bosses and managers.

I'm simply saying that you talk about my generation, whilst in the context of your (more powerful) generation. Who has the POWER? (it isn't my generation, we just go to work where we are treated like shit by people of your generation).

And what did your generation do? Ignore warnings about climate change and catastrophes and instead get busy at breeding because it's what you wanted to do.
Last edited by Spring Goose on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”