Whe one thing turns into something different

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At long last - a new track! this starts off sounding like a leftover session from the Rainman movie but ends up as a Harold Faltermeyer ripoff. Digital shakuachi meets 80s disco....or something.
https://youtu.be/wyWvBTm2DMw

Oh well....I guess it won't make it to the Grammys then :lol: :lol:

K-Bee wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:35 am Oh well....I guess it won't make it to the Grammys then :lol: :lol:
I'll give you some words. I don't know any of your references except 80s disco. To begin with it sounds well produced to my ears. Chill out/new age. Personally i'm not into panpipes. I do love chill out tho. It sounds like chill out to me. It doesn't sound anything like 80s disco to me.

I love this pan flute sound; the lowest octave note of the initial pan pine doesn't sound too convincing though.. Reminded me a bit of Peter Gabrielle Sledgehammer, and Thompson Twins came into my mind too. I thought it was "Doctor, Doctor" but it might be something else.
Overall, liked it though....
:tu:

Thanks guys.

The pan flute is from that new kawai k1 vst emulation currently setting the freeware world on fire. I could have gone for the more glossy sounding M1 pan flute but wanted to try this synth out. It is more gritty l guess and not really supposed to sound realistic (although they thought so in ‘88 )
As for 80s disco...no, probably not. This isn’t D-Train or Shalamar....more like harold faltermeyer meets 80s Hans Zimmer but without the talent :lol: :lol:

K-Bee wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:59 pm but without the talent :lol: :lol:
U a masochist? You have at least one decent song!

I mean why are you putting yourself down for?!

Sorry i shouldn't really intrude about your psyche.

I quite like that
Find me on iTunes, Spotify, Bandcamp etc.

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:02 pm

I just don't like to brag! :lol:

K-Bee wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:35 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:02 pm

I just don't like to brag! :lol:
Fair enough mate :D

Return to “Music Cafe”