KVR: Name your new Plugin Format

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:29 pm So someone creates a new plugin format then what ? We have to beg and/or wait for all the DAW/Host developers to adopt that format ?
... all daw developers, except Steinberg, Apple and Digidesign. But to me this would be more realistic than the acceptance among plugin developers. We already have established standards. And it's not that you have to pay Steinberg some money if you want to release a VST.

I have no clue about DSP programming but i know know a bit about software development. Even if the environment is not perfect, you will get used to it's limitations and then you can focus on the creative part. New standard .. nah ... not soon. And I think Steinberg has learned it's lesson with VST3 ... just my oppinion.

My professional field is not development, it's finance. I obviously cannot go into detail, but I've accomplished a lot during my career. I do have a close family member who is a developer, but currently is busy with other unrelated projects. In the past, I co-created freeware plugins with this developer through planning and design, but did no coding myself. Leading is more about helping others actualize their own dreams, and helping them realize they can accomplish them. I cheer you on, I believe you can make a difference, just start sharing your ideas and feelings on aspects within the development thread. Make some graphics. Rally the developers. You can master this.
audiot wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:11 pm. And I think Steinberg has learned it's lesson with VST3 ... just my oppinion.
When they release VST2 from the legal restriction they have imposed, I will believe they have learned their lesson.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Vertion wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:17 pm My professional field is not development, it's finance. I obviously cannot go into detail, but I've accomplished a lot during my career. I do have a close family member who is a developer, but currently is busy with other unrelated projects. In the past, I co-created freeware plugins with this developer through planning and design, but did no coding myself. Leading is more about helping others actualize their own dreams, and helping them realize they can accomplish them. I cheer you on, I believe you can make a difference, just start sharing your ideas and feelings on aspects within the development thread. Make some graphics. Rally the developers. You can master this.
Vertion, I dont want to belittle your project or something, but before starting such an ambitious project you should talk to some experienced DAW and plugin developers, and see if it's realistic at all ... life is short :wink:

Vertion wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:17 pm My professional field is not development, it's finance.
Yet......
Vertion wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:44 pm I am a software developer myself, and in the end all my work is decided by committee (I've worked at Penn State, Hyundai, Lockheed Martin, etc).
I have no interest in this project since I spend most of my time in a place called reality. :wink:

But hey, good luck...... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Here's a good name : lol
More BPM please

FKR , pronounced Fuh Kerr .... frequently krashes randomly

Teksonik wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:54 pm
Vertion wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:17 pm My professional field is not development, it's finance.
Yet......
Vertion wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:44 pm I am a software developer myself, and in the end all my work is decided by committee (I've worked at Penn State, Hyundai, Lockheed Martin, etc).
I have no interest in this project since I spend most of my time in a place called reality. :wink:

But hey, good luck...... :tu:
Already explained that, even though this is my account, my husband used to be interested in KVR when we lived on the west coast years ago, but he has no KVR account of his own. It was when we were both into Deadmau5, years ago that we were all about KVR. I didn't feel comfortable disclosing who I am, being a woman on a public forum, especially because men have stalked me in the past. Kinda like you are doing now. He offered to let me say I was him, but he hates drama, so he asked me to stop years ago and take off any information about him, but since stalkers keep bringing it back, I keep deleting it, as promised to him. It has always been my account, my words, my posts, but years ago on the west coast it used to be our thing. When someone started stalking me on here a few months ago, I told my husband about it, and he simply told me he would take care of the problem. My husband absolutely hates KVR, but I love it. So, for the last time, drop it.

In all this, rather than trying to do something for the common good and see my good intentions. I have seen many of you mock my sincere efforts, or personally attack me. Attack the one who wants good for you? Shame on you. It's not your business who I am, and the fact you use what I do share as a weapon to attack me only validates why I hid who I am. It's none of your business who I am here. If you can't recognize good intentions for you and reciprocate, there is something seriously wrong with you. If you want to help, do something that genuinely helps our community here, instead of spewing venom. If you have all that negativity, I suggest you get down and pray.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Return to “Instruments”