Slick EQ GE Models: American, British, German, Soviet and Japanese - What are They Based On?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know what the five TDR Slick EQ GE models are based on?

Cheers,

Chris

They arent based on any real world EQs

According to the manual the names are just arbitrary so you can remember them easier.

American is similar to an API. They have recently published this about imitating other EQs: https://docs.tokyodawn.net/slickeq-custom-models-guide/

Thanks, yes I saw that. That's what got me thinking about the other models.

Japanese is based on the Samurai sword.

British is leaned into the direction of a NEVE.

German takes its inspiration from Siemens stuff.

Soviet is a reverence to the (in)famous Polivoks filters.

Tokyo Dawn is German and not from Japan. #OT

They make awesome sounding software!
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

[quote=El°HYM]
They make awesome sounding software!
[/quote]

Indeed! :clap:

The new custom models of SlickEQ are really good. API, Pultec etc.
A can of delicious worms.

Tokyo Smoke is from Canada. Go figure. :party:

I've demoed it for the 2nd time now. I use Nova GE in all of my projects :love: and often Kotelnikov GE ... but this one leaves me cold :-? On their homepage they say, that it adds some "mojo" ... I'd say they should put much more mojo in it, if they ever release a succesor :shrug: But maybe i'm to spoiled with my PSP NobleQ (this one has mojo/silkiness).

audiot wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:39 pm I've demoed it for the 2nd time now. I use Nova GE in all of my projects :love: and often Kotelnikov GE ... but this one leaves me cold :-? On their homepage they say, that it adds some "mojo" ... I'd say they should put much more mojo in it, if they ever release a succesor :shrug: But maybe i'm to spoiled with my PSP NobleQ (this one has mojo/silkiness).
Have you tried cranking up the different types of saturation?

Return to “Effects”