My mixing, now with reverb. What do you think?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Googly Smythe wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:17 am
Spring Goose wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:29 am Ignore warnings about climate change and catastrophes and instead get busy at breeding because it's what you wanted to do.
From the 1920's to the 1980's it was a coming ice-age, the world was going to freeze. From the 90's it was the "greenhouse effect", the world was going to burn. Both "theories" used the same data.
Climate change is a thing, just not a man-caused thing.
Back in my day, we had the coronavirus pandemic, and we weren't allowed outdoors except to go to the shop or exercise, and we had to wear masks and clean our hands with hand gel, & scientists said the coronavirus is the sort of thing we should expect the result of deforestation.

I respect the scientists, and i don't want to contradict what the scientists say, because i respect the scientists.

Spring Goose wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:24 pm I respect the scientists, and i don't want to contradict what the scientists say, because i respect the scientists.
This is where we differ. :shrug:

To not respect is to be disrespectful, and the man you defended called me disrespectful because i had THE FLAMING CHEEK to post my BORING "songs" ("it isn't a song you ignoramus") in KVR Music Cafe. I reckon what Ebow said is right.
Last edited by Spring Goose on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drumity wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:47 pm
That´s this generation making excuses for their lazy, dumb, ignorant and disrespectful attitude when it comes to music production.
Everybody can make music now for a couple $, but talent and attitude aren´t that cheap to buy.

It´s ok having fun making music, but that doesn´t help with ignorance ...
Well answer me this: How do/am i supposed to know things that haven't been told, shown, or taught to me?

Spring Goose wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:39 pm
That´s this generation making excuses for their lazy, dumb, ignorant and disrespectful attitude when it comes to music production.
Everybody can make music now for a couple $, but talent and attitude aren´t that cheap to buy.

Well answer me this: How do/am i supposed to know things that haven't been told, shown, or taught to me?
Allow me to answer that if I may. And I mean this with all due respect.

Listen to some of my really early pieces. They're horrible. I was told that they were horrible. And of course, at first, I lashed back. I didn't want to hear it.

Long story short, I went to Youtube and started studying. I studied everything I could get my hands on. I did this for months and months day after day.

The results are what you hear now. They speak for themselves.

End lecture.

let me take over professor wags 8)

just to add something, as wags covered the method...

when i was a skateboarder, the saying went, "if youre not getting hurt, youre not learning anything new", with juggling it was "if youre not dropping the balls, youre not learning new tricks".

in general terms, we learn by making mistakes and correcting them.
lucky thing about music, you wont break your bones :)

layzer wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:59 am i grew quit bored of it fairly quickly, reverb used or not.
all of your "songs" are repetitive and boring. no matter how good the mix is. :shrug:
work on song structure, arrangement, chord progressions and melodies. :idea:
layzer is right ! It´s boring ! Your tracks are containing not more than 4-5 loops and you are calling that a song.
You don´t bother learning about songwriting (including all and more mentioned by layzer), but have many excuses why this isn´t necessary and that´s the genre and blablabla ...
It isn´t the genre, but just an expression of your laziness and ignorance.
Your attitude reminds me of that guy from an youtube ad, who is promoting a software which is doing all the music theory and more, because "If you´re like me and know nothing about theory, than this software is all you need to produce a killer song"

Just go to youtube and watch a couple of videos from real professionals in your genre and you´ll learn how complex this can be.
I listened to your song. It's boring to me.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:07 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:39 pm

Allow me to answer that if I may. And I mean this with all due respect.

Listen to some of my really early pieces. They're horrible. I was told that they were horrible. And of course, at first, I lashed back. I didn't want to hear it.

Long story short, I went to Youtube and started studying. I studied everything I could get my hands on. I did this for months and months day after day.

The results are what you hear now. They speak for themselves.

End lecture.
Cheers Wagtunes.

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:18 pm let me take over professor wags 8)

just to add something, as wags covered the method...

when i was a skateboarder, the saying went, "if youre not getting hurt, youre not learning anything new", with juggling it was "if youre not dropping the balls, youre not learning new tricks".

in general terms, we learn by making mistakes and correcting them.
lucky thing about music, you wont break your bones :)
Cheers Vurt.

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:38 pm
layzer wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:59 am i grew quit bored of it fairly quickly, reverb used or not.
all of your "songs" are repetitive and boring. no matter how good the mix is. :shrug:
work on song structure, arrangement, chord progressions and melodies. :idea:
layzer is right ! It´s boring ! Your tracks are containing not more than 4-5 loops and you are calling that a song.
You don´t bother learning about songwriting (including all and more mentioned by layzer), but have many excuses why this isn´t necessary and that´s the genre and blablabla ...
It isn´t the genre, but just an expression of your laziness and ignorance.
Your attitude reminds me of that guy from an youtube ad, who is promoting a software which is doing all the music theory and more, because "If you´re like me and know nothing about theory, than this software is all you need to produce a killer song"

Just go to youtube and watch a couple of videos from real professionals in your genre and you´ll learn how complex this can be.
I listened to your song. It's boring to me.

I posted here rather than your thread out of respect to you because of the context to your song.

I know about songwriting: verse chorus bridge

What else to know?

I'm not writing songs. I'm making dance music tracks.

Here's a song i made:

https://soundcloud.com/user-492255322/abs-radio-mix

You haven't heard all my music.

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:42 pm I know about songwriting: verse chorus bridge

What else to know?

I'm not writing songs. I'm making dance music tracks.
Dance music is in fact a type of song. Rap, which many people don't consider music at all, is still a type of song.

When people talk about writing "songs" they don't stick to the old traditional definition of AAB or VCVCB or whatever. The word has a broader meaning today because there is so many more types of music today. Back in my day, we didn't have nearly as many classifications.

Look up the definition of "song" in the dictionary. You'll see that it absolutely applies to dance music tracks or just about anything that has melody.

I don't think anyone except me actually listened to the new stuff you posted. I think it compares ok to say this guy: https://youtu.be/udqsaEY_zEQ
Who I guess is successful with music. Though I only know him because he used to be a great pro basketball player.

Return to “Music Cafe”