IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ryan_IK wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:09 pm
jamcat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:01 pm No, it's "DIM™ (Dynamic Interaction Modeling)":
Correct! My apologies, but this does help point out how we are constantly updating and improving as we can. Thank you for pointing this out :D
Great. So what about my questions regarding the 20-watt Greenbacks?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:33 pm
Ryan_IK wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:09 pm
jamcat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:01 pm No, it's "DIM™ (Dynamic Interaction Modeling)":
Correct! My apologies, but this does help point out how we are constantly updating and improving as we can. Thank you for pointing this out :D
Great. So what about my questions regarding the 20-watt Greenbacks?
Thanks for the very interesting question. I don't have this one hand, but I'll see what details I can find with the team.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

I finally got a little time to sit down and check out the Satriani Collection and am really enjoying it. Here is my first thoughts in a play-n-talk through. I'm more into EJ/EVH so I left it to others play Satch songs and sounds with it, but if you are interested in hearing how it sounds in a more general rock context, please check out my video. Would love some comments on the video if you have a chance.

The SatchVM was not of much interest initially, but ended up being my favorite piece from the collection...it sounds fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-ATZTk5j4I

Synthient Sound wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:37 pm I finally got a little time to sit down and check out the Satriani Collection and am really enjoying it. Here is my first thoughts in a play-n-talk through. I'm more into EJ/EVH so I left it to others play Satch songs and sounds with it, but if you are interested in hearing how it sounds in a more general rock context, please check out my video. Would love some comments on the video if you have a chance.

The SatchVM was not of much interest initially, but ended up being my favorite piece from the collection...it sounds fantastic.

Nice guitar collection, nice neon flamingo reflection, and absolutely great video. I'm glad you gave the SatchVM a chance and it won you over.

Also, you're now on the very short list of people I'm happy to listen to talk about and play our stuff for over a half hour. It was nice to have on while prepping some materials for some things that we are announcing tomorrow (and we are also officially announcing AmpliTube Joe Satriani since the iOS version was also approved and is on the App Store now too - give or take some propagation time in some areas of the world).

Thanks for the kind words, Peter, I appreciate being in that short list. :) I get a fair amount of compliments on my tone when using Amplitube in my other videos and always send them your way. I just started using ARC and have been very pleased with it.

I look forward to seeing what you are announcing tomorrow. :)

Synthient Sound wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:15 pm I look forward to seeing what you are announcing tomorrow. :)
It's another delay for AmpliTube:
The Joe 6-Mo Delay.

Coming sometime in January (maybe). :lol:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Is this any different than the full version?

Synthient Sound wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:37 pm I finally got a little time to sit down and check out the Satriani Collection ....Would love some comments on the video if you have a chance.
I appreciate honest reviews sans flaming hair and lame humour, with info that is interesting and useful across genres...as I'm the
Sergeant Schultz of the whole 'metal' thing :dog:

I jammed my right hand a bit trimming my jungle, so no guitar, but I found your Valhalla Massive review, and made a nice track with a favorite synth-pluk and noise sounds, sequenced at 50 bpm, with modified FinalFrontier presets, fed into a favorite linux multi-effect.
Peaceful to play, edit, and take a nap with.
I'll blame you if I'm late for work :hihi: and check out your other videos soon. :scared:
Cheers

Synthient Sound wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:37 pm I finally got a little time to sit down and check out the Satriani Collection and am really enjoying it.
[...]
Would love some comments on the video if you have a chance.
You deserve many more subscribers, nicely done man. Nice guitars! Your voice is calm and easy to listen to. One "criticism" is perhaps that I'd love to hear more guitar/audio samples from the beginning. It took a bit of time to get to actual playing. But that's just me I guess.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Thanks all, I appreciate the feedback, it is much appreciated.

After watching Arlo Tarr's review I realized I completely missed that the SatchVM clean channel has more modes. I haven't gotten a chance to fire it up, but I imagine those modes (clean orange and red) would probably be the ones to go for when using the dirt pedals.

glokraw wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:35 am I appreciate honest reviews sans flaming hair and lame humour, with info that is interesting and useful across genres...as I'm the
Sergeant Schultz of the whole 'metal' thing :dog:

I am sure there are enough of us old folks around who do.

Synthient Sound wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:37 pm I finally got a little time to sit down and check out the Satriani Collection and am really enjoying it. Here is my first thoughts in a play-n-talk through. I'm more into EJ/EVH so I left it to others play Satch songs and sounds with it, but if you are interested in hearing how it sounds in a more general rock context, please check out my video. Would love some comments on the video if you have a chance.

^^ good stuff. that gives a pretty good review of the product.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

This is a great video too, from someone who does strive for the Satriani tone (I'm personally in the camp of typically using artist gear to get almost anything but a 1:1 copy of the artist's songs and I think that is what really makes the artist collections useful to many but I know there are fans that want to sound exactly like their heroes as well):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVht73VRnbM

Pretty cool sounds in this.Lots of potential.

Hey Guys! Just an update for those watching the thread. We've got some great new stuff from Joe. Check out the interview below where he goes over just one piece of gear from the collection. It's very interesting to hear, why he chooses certain gear and his overall take on tone.

Enjoy and keep your eye out for more to come ;)

https://youtu.be/hnROi7A20lo
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Return to “Effects”