My mixing, now with reverb. What do you think?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

empphryio wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:57 pm I don't think anyone except me actually listened to the new stuff you posted. I think it compares ok to say this guy: https://youtu.be/udqsaEY_zEQ
Who I guess is successful with music. Though I only know him because he used to be a great pro basketball player.
Thanks for listening, and saying something about it Empphryio!

Actually i've had 9 listens to Septic, 4 listens to Gm Dark, and so far 1 listen to A.B.S. i posted today.

Last edited by Spring Goose on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:50 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:42 pm I know about songwriting: verse chorus bridge

What else to know?

I'm not writing songs. I'm making dance music tracks.
Dance music is in fact a type of song. Rap, which many people don't consider music at all, is still a type of song.

When people talk about writing "songs" they don't stick to the old traditional definition of AAB or VCVCB or whatever. The word has a broader meaning today because there is so many more types of music today. Back in my day, we didn't have nearly as many classifications.

Look up the definition of "song" in the dictionary. You'll see that it absolutely applies to dance music tracks or just about anything that has melody.
Ok i stand corrected. I keep getting told that my songs aren't a song tho.

It may be boring or pisspoor song, but according to what you've said, it is nonetheless a song.

empphryio wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:57 pm I don't think anyone except me actually listened to the new stuff you posted.
I've got 2 new thread in Music Cafe.

1 has 3 songs and not much listens and no replies. The songs are a bit different than this thread.

The other has 1 quite long (epic) song and 30+ listens and 1thumbs down and 2 people replied.

I'm listening to your Rony Seikaly mix now. Sounds good so far. One of my first thoughts was "it's difficult to find decent vocal parts, i've bought some vocal packs, but haven't found much good/useful vocals"

I'm happy to listen to some of your songs Empphryio, if you can provide me a link to the thread. :)

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:22 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:50 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:42 pm I know about songwriting: verse chorus bridge

What else to know?

I'm not writing songs. I'm making dance music tracks.
Dance music is in fact a type of song. Rap, which many people don't consider music at all, is still a type of song.

When people talk about writing "songs" they don't stick to the old traditional definition of AAB or VCVCB or whatever. The word has a broader meaning today because there is so many more types of music today. Back in my day, we didn't have nearly as many classifications.

Look up the definition of "song" in the dictionary. You'll see that it absolutely applies to dance music tracks or just about anything that has melody.
Ok i stand corrected. I keep getting told that my songs aren't a song tho.

It may be boring or pisspoor song, but according to what you've said, it is nonetheless a song.
Songs could be good, bad or horrible. The quality of the song doesn't change the fact that it is a song.

Did you listen to A.B.S. Empphryio? What do you think, it's a bit different isn't it?
empphryio wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:57 pm You may just want to start a new post Goose as you may be getting comments now that are from people just now only listening to the originally posted music.
Cheers for the warning, but i couldn't help letting off some steam :(

empphryio wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:57 pm I don't think anyone except me actually listened to the new stuff you posted.
7 listens to Lovely Melody.

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:37 pm
I'm happy to listen to some of your songs Empphryio, if you can provide me a link to the thread. :)
ABS sounds nice. I would like to see it go somewhere personally. Sounds pretty much similar from beginning to end. I don't mean it's repetitive, just that the mood stays the same throughout. And super dry (no reverb I mean). Not sure about it being so dry...

I"m not terribly worried about more feedback right now. I enter the KVR OSC every month. Maybe you could try entering that? My main genre is a kind of ambient new age thing usually in odd time signatures that most people just don't care about. It's more of a if 1 out of 20 love it, that would great sort of thing.

I am also trying to write trance/EDM stuff. This month is the first time I've entered something like that. FWIW
https://soundcloud.com/infinitetelemachy/empphyrio
When people give you feedback it actually really matters what their own music sounds like. Ideally you should always be able to just look in their sig and go to their music. Maybe someone who hates your music only writes german polka. Same when they offer their opinion of a synth or effect. Unfortunately here we have tons of people with thousands of posts who don't even share their music. Probably because the way they act they know it would get trashed to hell and back if they shared it. I don't write your type of music so my feedback is of somewhat limited use. Probably the same as everyone else who has commented here.

Listened to Am for a while. At some point I expected some trance beat kicking in. That's just me, generally structure in music is only meant to keep the listener's attention going through the track. Just a good idea and a good sound is not enough to storm the hit parades.

ill usually mention if something isnt in my wheelhouse. the music i make, isnt the only music ive been involved in producing (engineering) and loved since my youth.
so my output wont always give you my knowledge base. eg ive worked on hard fast death metal stuff for other bands, something ive listened to since i was 13. but you probably wouldnt know from my music.

people should be free to criticise, then we are free to take or leave it, depending on whether it moves our own vision forward.
people should not be free to be rude, dismissive or agressive.

anyone who tells anyone else that they shouldnt share their music, for any reason, needs to keep their thoughts to themselves.
there is no rule that music shared here has to meet some standard dreamt up by the chosen few.

dont let the bastards grind you down, theyre only ranting at the world for their own inadequacies.

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:08 pm ill usually mention if something isnt in my wheelhouse. the music i make, isnt the only music ive been involved in producing (engineering) and loved since my youth.
so my output wont always give you my knowledge base. eg ive worked on hard fast death metal stuff for other bands, something ive listened to since i was 13. but you probably wouldnt know from my music.

people should be free to criticise, then we are free to take or leave it, depending on whether it moves our own vision forward.
people should not be free to be rude, dismissive or agressive.

anyone who tells anyone else that they shouldnt share their music, for any reason, needs to keep their thoughts to themselves.
there is no rule that music shared here has to meet some standard dreamt up by the chosen few.

dont let the bastards grind you down, theyre only ranting at the world for their own inadequacies.
^^^ THIS. And I never took you for a metal head. :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:26 pm ^^^ THIS. And I never took you for a metal head. :lol:
the really hard stuff too...
https://youtu.be/cixczzF0A10

:band:

One of my first thoughts was "it's difficult to find decent vocal parts, i've bought some vocal packs, but haven't found much good/useful vocals"
Just got this:

https://vocalizr.com/

from Sonic Academy Live

I dunno if that will help somebody out.

I heard a rap vocal, sounded good, 200dollars it cost.

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:19 pm
One of my first thoughts was "it's difficult to find decent vocal parts, i've bought some vocal packs, but haven't found much good/useful vocals"
Just got this:

from Sonic Academy Live

You signed up for that?

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:37 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:19 pm
Just got this:

from Sonic Academy Live

You signed up for that?
No, i just heard the service exists. It doesn't necessarily cost 200, i think it varies per vocal.

Return to “Music Cafe”