Contest: July ”Gossip”

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well, i honestly had no idea about that :o

they just came up as an offering under the first vid, ill remove the link to that one.

vurt wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:57 pm i prefer motif to song, song implies singing, we just had a forced to sing month :hihi:
Once upon a time, there'd be more folks around here bitching about a theme like that. Oh, no! :lol:

Although OTOH that sometimes meant we actually got to hear contest participants' voices for the first time... :o :ud:

harvon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:15 pm What does copyright say about using folk songs and classical music as part in your own compositions? Must they be at least 100 years old for example?
In general, with death of the author +70 years (because somehow they still need the income when they're dead) you'll be safe, though there may be weird exceptions like the mess that is the happy birthday to you copyright.

But in the end, I don't think media moguls will bother to go after some people posting their tunes on a tiny corner of the internet… let's just go with “fair use”.

Over here copyright is 95 years after the song was written.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

now all i need is to pick some bach and roll all over him.

(yup i know its roll over beethoven, but i prefer bach)

Well... it’s my idea so I guess I have to participate this month too, don’t I? 😁

Let’s see what we can come up with...

Remember kids, it's gotta be well known classical music works...

Somebody around these parts was recalling a time when we still had an FM radio station that played nothing but so-called Classical music. Nowadays, there are the occasional Pacifica Radio or Public Radio segments that still play that sort of music but I guess YouTube has mostly made them redundant.

I still remember when Frank Zappa would come north and spin records on KPFA of all kinds of music including works like Pierre Boulez' Le Marteau Sans Maitre. I guess that wouldn't qualify as being well known, right? :hihi:

So it goes. More for future generations to re-discover I guess...

rp314 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:20 pm

I still remember when Frank Zappa would come north and spin records on KPFA of all kinds of music including works like Pierre Boulez' Le Marteau Sans Maitre. I guess that wouldn't qualify as being well known, right? :hihi:

no, but taking pachebels canon in d maj. abd turning it in to a zappaesque thing mught work.
:)

Yeah, Frank Zappa does not work. But pachebels canon in d maj with Frank Zappa inspired song does work

rp314 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:20 pm Remember kids, it's gotta be well known classical music works...

Somebody around these parts was recalling a time when we still had an FM radio station that played nothing but so-called Classical music. Nowadays, there are the occasional Pacifica Radio or Public Radio segments that still play that sort of music but I guess YouTube has mostly made them redundant.

So it goes. More for future generations to re-discover I guess...
Trying to process this while Moana’s “Your welcome” is playing is more difficult than I would have thought. Damn you Lin-Manuel Miranda!

Pachelbel was a Baroque composer, so what about the works of composers who were well known during the time of Billy Shakespeare and Micky Cervantes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3clX2CJqzs

Well, Morricone (RIP) did it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VHEL7XqoEg

:wheee:

vurt wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:53 pm now all i need is to pick some bach and roll all over him.

(yup i know its roll over beethoven, but i prefer bach)
In terms of a subtle reworking of a famous Bach piece Eduard Artemyev's soundtrack for Solaris comes to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpZbnUHHwvU

Not that rolling over a Bach piece is wrong, of course. The greats can take it. :hihi:

still in the midst of settling in to my new studio space - all I can manage is scratch track jamming atm

how's everyone doing with their quarantine blues riffs ?
best
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Return to “Music Cafe”