Any REAPER users using Padshop 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just bought this but I can't get the free Cinergy sound pack by Dom Sigalas to load. The Steinberg Library Manager see it and shows it in place on my computer but Padshop 2 doesn't show it when Iclick on the preset panel - only the default included sounds. Just wondering if this is because I'm using REAPER?

I have posted the question to Steinberg support but - from past experience - it can take a while to get an answer out of them.

works fine for me - I'd try removing it in the library manager then re-adding it

I didn't know you could make third party sound sets into vstsounds - I wonder if I can do the same for my own Padshop soundset 'Excursions'?

Thanks jdnz but I've tried that a few times. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the library manager.

I notice that it installs the Cinergy pack into a separate VST Sound folder, not the VST sound folder that houses the factory sounds. I've tried relocating that too but no joy.

I also noticed that, whilst the Padshop factory content consists of both osound and preset folders, the Cinergy - at least when iewed in the Library manager - just has the one sound folder.

Are you on Win 10, 64bit?

bezza wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:41 am Thanks jdnz but I've tried that a few times. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the library manager.

I notice that it installs the Cinergy pack into a separate VST Sound folder, not the VST sound folder that houses the factory sounds. I've tried relocating that too but no joy.

I also noticed that, whilst the Padshop factory content consists of both osound and preset folders, the Cinergy - at least when iewed in the Library manager - just has the one sound folder.

Are you on Win 10, 64bit?
reaper 6.12c on win10x64 v2004

I just checked my steinberg library folder and both padshop2 files are monolithich .vstsound format (fcp_smt_789_padshop2.vstsound and fcp_smt_789_padshop2_presets.vstsound). Ditto cinergy should just be a single .vstsound file in your library folder

Did you upgrade from padshop? If so did you delete the old padshop factory libraries and download and install the new padshop2 versions (you can download via the steinberg download assistant app or off the padshop2 download page - on the website they're a separate zip file from the product installer and easily missed).

I'd remove everything in the library manager, double check the library folder is empty in windows, then reinstall the padshop2 factory content and cinergy via the library manager (preferably all to the same folder though it shouldn't matter)

I seem to remember having similar weirdness with presets upgrading from padshop to padshop2 'til I cleaned things up - suspect mixing 'old' and 'new' presets doesn't work

Thanks, no I just bought PS2 - never had Padshop pro.

Just tried your suggestion but no joy. Still only showing User, Padshop Factory Content and Padshop 2 in preset browser. Infuriating!

bezza wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:07 pm Thanks, no I just bought PS2 - never had Padshop pro.

Just tried your suggestion but no joy. Still only showing User, Padshop Factory Content and Padshop 2 in preset browser. Infuriating!
Let us know if SB send a fix, it doesn't work for me either on Win 10.

focusrite wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:49 pm
bezza wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:07 pm Thanks, no I just bought PS2 - never had Padshop pro.

Annotation 2020-07-10 090740.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jealous. That's what mine should look like.

bezza wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:27 pm Jealous. That's what mine should look like.
you made sure you have the current library manager installed - should be v3.0.27

jdnz wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:09 pm
focusrite wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:49 pm

Annotation 2020-07-10 090740.jpg
I have Cinergy but no MPE sounds in mine - where are they from?

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:55 pm I have Cinergy but no MPE sounds in mine - where are they from?
think they came as part of the cubase 10.5 install (since padshop2 is also included with 10.5) - they're not in the 'padshop content' download via the download manager (just checked)

Oh that sucks - they should make them available to all users - I'm trying to use Padshop with my Seaboard at the moment but not getting good results

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:05 pm Oh that sucks - they should make them available to all users - I'm trying to use Padshop with my Seaboard at the moment but not getting good results
you would think they'd include them for standalone use - they may just have forgotten to update the content library download, I'd contact Steinberg

jdnz wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:51 pm
bezza wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:27 pm Jealous. That's what mine should look like.
you made sure you have the current library manager installed - should be v3.0.27
Pretty sure it is but I'll check later.

Return to “Instruments”