New analyzer/mix helper plugin: SpecTrend

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bmanic wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:17 pm .. depends on the music style. If you are into "modern music" of any genre, it's quite a bit brighter than the old pink noise curve (-3dB / octave). Most modern productions of today match a -4dB to -4.5dB curve.

This is why I always suggest using Voxengo SPAN or FabFilter Pro-Q2 (if you happen to own that plugin, no need to purchase it for just this feature) as you can set the curve yourself. It defaults to -4.5dBFS which matches most modern music quite well. So you'll just be aiming for a relatively straight line for all frequencies.

Personally I'd be really happy if most music went back to slightly less high frequency content and stuck to the pink noise shape a bit more. It's a more mellow and in my opinion more pleasant experience.
You've got it backwards. Flat display at -3db/oct is brighter than flat display at -4.5db/oct.

From the manual

^ Red
^ Orange
^ Yellow
GREEN REPRESENTING THE TARGET RANGE
v Blue
v Fading away

Spectral Trend Meter
The Spectral Trend meter displays the RMS level of each 1/3 octave band. The bars are color coded according to level and desired range, with green representing the target range. Higher levels will display as yellow, then orange, and finally red for the highest levels. Lower levels display going to blue and fading away.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

anyone know what happened to the Spectrend website cos it's gone and i just noticed my copy isn't licenced anymore?

I've tried three different browsers and here are the results:

Secure Connection Failed
Your connection isn't private
Your connection is not private

I've emailed Bill to see what's up.

Bill says the site was down briefly but it should be up now.

If you have any problems, send him an email.

From the link on page one.....

KVR 070920-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You could let him know, if you haven't already.

I wouldn't know who he is or how to let him know. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'll send him a message. Thanks for the info'. :tu:

Aloysius wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:36 pm Bill says the site was down briefly but it should be up now.

If you have any problems, send him an email.
aye i emailed him and he replied and i see the site's back up
got spectrend re-registered again
cheers

Just checked and it's back here too. :tu:

The Bitdefender warning is gone as well.

He said there was an issue with the SSL Certificate. He had it re-issued.

Return to “Effects”