An assignable and drawable LFO?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Glad to hear the OP has found the magic Logic trick (also available in the MIDI FX Scripts)—Super useful!

But for the sake of other readers, I feel that Reaktor should be included in this topic: it's also an AU MIDI FX; Reaktor Blocks offer a MIDI Out block that includes 4 CC outs, so any wave shapes you can concoct with any other blocks (built-in or 3rd party, such as the many ToyBox marvels) can be modulators via MIDI; it's got TONS of amazing User Library MIDI devices, including this one, shown here running as a MIDI FX and using one of its several included devices, the MBP Envelope, using the MIDI Out block, and, in this case shaping automation curves captured via the MIDI FX Freeze tool, another ESSENTIAL device for Logic users):

I find it one of the best and easiest to use drawable-curve devices including all of the above mentioned tools.

I was also initially bummed to find the MCCGen tool was pretty much useless in its free incarnation (though not entirely; there's a good chandlerguitar YT video on it that shows what it can do as a freebie), then bought the upgrade and was very pleased with all the other benefits this gave to all the freebies such as resize-ability for all and no more fee-banners. Finally I realized that if Melda had followed typical practice, like HY's for example, and also offered a not-free version of just the MCCGen, or for any other singled-out freebie, it would have been much less of a bargain compared to upgrading them all with a single low price. Also, the free-upgrade-bundle does regularly go on sale for 50% off…

David wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:19 pm Also, the free-upgrade-bundle does regularly go on sale for 50% off…
So free X 50% = $0, right? :D

Nope; free is still free, and 0 still = 0. But the free-UPGRADE X 50% = $xx ÷ 2.

Sure, I see your grin, but TBH I don't see how the "free = limitations/not-free = fewer limitations" principle is so difficult to accept in this case. It's no different than anywhere else, just definitely muffled in delivery here. I tripped over it, too, mainly because I didn't see any value in the MCCGen tool without access to the modulators, so I did feel it was a bait'n'switch sort of thing, initially. Apparently (see the video I mentioned) there are some uses for it without the mods, just not obvious ones! Or ones that are useful to me…

Now I see it as a bargain tool, not just because of what it is, which I'd have instantly bought for the bundle price if that was all I got for it (Melda FINALLY does MIDI!), but instead it included SO many other wonderful tools, also less limited than in their free versions.

You're not alone, of course; join up with others in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=138&t=548463

I got more out of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kT7iOO_VyY&t=364s

Return to “Effects”