PreSonus Studio One - 5 No Sound

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am not getting sound and I don't know enough about this technology to follow the articles I've found in the knowledge base. The videos I watched used different terminology. I can't find a way to post in the Presonus forum.

I have a Windows 10 laptop. I will be using a Focusrite Audio Interface and an Arturia midi keyboard. (Do I always run the DAW through the Focusrite unit even if I am only working with virtual instruments?)

I am using the Focusrite USB driver.

Do I use my Realtek speakers in the computer or do I use the audio interface setting? When I go to the sound settings in my Windows computer, there is a choice of my Realtek speakers or Focusrite, which has already been checked for me by the software. Right?

When I have the DAW open and press keys on the midi keyboard I see an orange light in the far left bottom which I think means the instrument is working through my midi but just no sound

Thanks!

did you try to plug your headphone / monitor on your soundcard output ?
if yes chose the focusrite output and dont forget to upadte the driver ;)

Login to your Presonus account, you know? the one you had to make to download the installer and content from.
Go to https://forums.presonus.com/viewforum.php?f=108 and you're already logged in to the forums.
Write a post just like you did here, and press submit.

Aliens - I tried that. I purchased a license this week and after downloading the program I was BANNED from the Presonus website. No joke. I got to my account and there was a link to technical. I wrote a msg asking them I was banned from their website. I guess I wasn't supposed to use technical to ask a web problem. I searched online and found that I was supposed to write to the website admin. I couldn't find a link. They lifted my ban from www.presonus.com but I noticed I was still banned from the forum. SO...now I'm here.

I am trying to learn the process. I had no real problem hooking up Mixcraft, Ableton Live, or Cubase but presonus is very different. I don't understand the technology here and that's what I want to know. I think my real issue is the role of the audio interface. Yes, it is a device to transfer analog to digital but does it also control the sound system of the computer? I have a Focusrite Scarlett Solo. When I go into my Windows sound settings, adv properties I see I have a choice between my Realtek speakers or Focusrite (when I have Focusrite plugged in) and that got me thinking that when the unit is plugged in, all sound is handled through the audio interface?

Thanks. I am now in touch with Presonus. I have no idea what I did to warrant a ban from their website but I have sent an inquiry into my problem and I'm sure they will take care of me now.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”