My mixing, now with reverb. What do you think?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:40 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:37 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:19 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:37 pm
empphryio wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:57 pm I don't think anyone except me actually listened to the new stuff you posted.
One of my first thoughts was "it's difficult to find decent vocal parts, i've bought some vocal packs, but haven't found much good/useful vocals"
Just got this:

https://vocalizr.com/

from Sonic Academy Live

I dunno if that will help somebody out.

I heard a rap vocal, sounded good, 200dollars it cost.
You signed up for that?
No, i just heard the service exists. It doesn't necessarily cost 200, i think it varies per vocal.
Somebody else paid 200dollar for a rap vocal for their song, and then said "its from vocalizr".

empphryio wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:49 pm
I'm happy to listen to some of your songs Empphryio, if you can provide me a link to the thread. :)
I"m not terribly worried about more feedback right now. I enter the KVR OSC every month. Maybe you could try entering that?
I dd make some songs for the Syncla-Xb, but then i decided not to enter because i thought my song/s were poor in comparison to everybody else!

https://soundcloud.com/user-492255322/s ... H4inF0fusD

Then i made a quite convincing bird sound in Pigments for the Any Synth challenge, but that was as far as i got that month.

I'll take another look at Osc in the forthcoming months.

I'll listen your song you posted in a little while.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:37 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:19 pm
empphryio wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:57 pm I don't think anyone except me actually listened to the new stuff you posted.
One of my first thoughts was "it's difficult to find decent vocal parts, i've bought some vocal packs, but haven't found much good/useful vocals"
Just got this:

https://vocalizr.com/

from Sonic Academy Live

I dunno if that will help somebody out.

I heard a rap vocal, sounded good, 200dollars it cost.
You signed up for that?
Sonic Academy Live is a You Tube show BTW, from the makers of Ana synth, in Ireland.
Last edited by Spring Goose on Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haha those guys were saying "The bloke who advertises/sells Unison Chord Set, that's the same as Spring Goose".

Surreal that.

empphryio wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:49 pm
I'm happy to listen to some of your songs Empphryio, if you can provide me a link to the thread. :)
ABS sounds nice. I would like to see it go somewhere personally. Sounds pretty much similar from beginning to end. I don't mean it's repetitive, just that the mood stays the same throughout. And super dry (no reverb I mean). Not sure about it being so dry...

I"m not terribly worried about more feedback right now. I enter the KVR OSC every month. Maybe you could try entering that? My main genre is a kind of ambient new age thing usually in odd time signatures that most people just don't care about. It's more of a if 1 out of 20 love it, that would great sort of thing.

I am also trying to write trance/EDM stuff. This month is the first time I've entered something like that. FWIW
https://soundcloud.com/infinitetelemachy/empphyrio
When people give you feedback it actually really matters what their own music sounds like. Ideally you should always be able to just look in their sig and go to their music. Maybe someone who hates your music only writes german polka. Same when they offer their opinion of a synth or effect. Unfortunately here we have tons of people with thousands of posts who don't even share their music. Probably because the way they act they know it would get trashed to hell and back if they shared it. I don't write your type of music so my feedback is of somewhat limited use. Probably the same as everyone else who has commented here.
I've put a signature on, good idea.

Your song is good, i enjoyed it. I don't know what else to say about it because you're further ahead than me.

excuse me please wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:04 pm Listened to Am for a while. At some point I expected some trance beat kicking in. That's just me, generally structure in music is only meant to keep the listener's attention going through the track. Just a good idea and a good sound is not enough to storm the hit parades.
Thanks for listening, and reply/advice. :)

Googly Smythe wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:24 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:24 pm I respect the scientists, and i don't want to contradict what the scientists say, because i respect the scientists.
This is where we differ. :shrug:
Sorry Googly, i didn't mean you to get caught in the crossfire. I'm sorry if i offended you or upset you.

Googly Smythe wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:17 am
Spring Goose wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:29 am Ignore warnings about climate change and catastrophes and instead get busy at breeding because it's what you wanted to do.
From the 1920's to the 1980's it was a coming ice-age, the world was going to freeze. From the 90's it was the "greenhouse effect", the world was going to burn. Both "theories" used the same data.
Climate change is a thing, just not a man-caused thing.

Most of the breeding you talk about takes place in Africa and Asia. The population in the West has been slowing since the 60's, thanks to the contraceptive pill and easy abortion.
You're welcome.
refers to the "baby boomer generation" who were breeding in the 1980s i think. So do you think the sea level is not rising due to the melting of glaciers and the polar ice caps which is a result of global warming which is due to the manmade production of greenhouse gases?
Last edited by Spring Goose on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The "baby boomer generation" is a thing from the (British) newspapers in the 1980s i think.

Trust in yourself. :tu:

Passing Bye wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:39 pm Trust in yourself. :tu:
Thanks, Passing Bye.

Spring Goose wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:49 am The "baby boomer generation" is a thing from the (British) newspapers in the 1980s i think.
Seriously, get your facts straight.
Boomers are that generation born in the late forties, early fifties. They're called boomers because of the boom in births when the second world war ended and the troops returned home to their wives.
And sea levels aren't rising because of melting ice-caps.
And the ozone layer is still there.
And so-called "green energy" is more detrimental to the environment that burning fossil fuels. So far as that goes, do your bit to save the planet by not using so much electricity making music.
</rant>

Spring Goose wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:49 am The "baby boomer generation" is a thing from the (British) newspapers in the 1980s i think.
I gotta ask. How old are you?

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:17 pm
I gotta ask. How old are you?
40. How old are you?

Googly Smythe wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:08 pm
Seriously, get your facts straight.
Boomers are that generation born in the late forties, early fifties. They're called boomers because of the boom in births when the second world war ended and the troops returned home to their wives.
And sea levels aren't rising because of melting ice-caps.
And the ozone layer is still there.
And so-called "green energy" is more detrimental to the environment that burning fossil fuels. So far as that goes, do your bit to save the planet by not using so much electricity making music.
</rant>
The Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary defines "baby boomer" as "a person born during a period of time in which there is a marked rise in a population's birthrate", "usually considered to be in the years from 1946 to 1964".[13] Pew Research Center defines baby boomers as being born between 1946 and 1964.[

from Wikpedia.

Return to “Music Cafe”