Arturia or Keyscape?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I need a keyboard do it all library..... does anybody have any recommendation weather I should go with Arturia or Keyscape?

Hello I am an arranger, I use cubase and im ok with Halion instruments. But I recently heard keyscape and was impressed, but then I also heard Arturia and they have some serious classics.... But Ide like to hear from folks who have had experience with arturia or keyscape.... it would be really helpful for me to make a decision on what to purchase and create a great workflow....

If you're looking for JUST keyboards, then Keyscape is the obvious choice. Arturia has too many things that are not keyboards that you're ultimately paying for that you don't need.

These libraries are very different. Arturia is emulated synths with a good piano, ep and some organs. Keyscape is a large collection of sampled acoustic and electro acoustic keboards w a couple of synth elec pianos thrown in.

If you want synths, don't get Keyscape. If you don't want synths and want a wide variety of acoustic and electroacoustc keyboard instruments get Keyscape.

A *real* does it all setup would be Omnisphere + Keyscapes. An enormous and deep library of synths in Omnisphere complementing the keyboards in Keyscape.

Should note the Omnisphere Keyscape combo is particularly powerful since the Keyscape samples can be used in Omnisphere. Keyscape already has ridiculous breadth, being able to combine, process, and layer the Keyscape samples with anything blows the possibilities wide open.

I have both Keyscape and Arturia V7 collection. They both are on my shortlist of "must have" vst collections ... along with Komplete, Synthology Ivory and Superior Drums.

If you're a piano player, get keyscape first. Its wonderful. It has the feel and authenticity of keyboards.

If you play one hand parts for DAW recording, get Arturia V collection first -- keyboards great for tracks plus tons of classic synths.

Then save up and get the other one later.
yellowmix wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:58 pm Should note the Omnisphere Keyscape combo is particularly powerful
+1. Keyscape is like a whole new product inside Omnisphere. Trillian patches blended in Omnisphere is amazing too.

A fair comparison is Keyscape vs UVI Key Suite.

Wow.... thank you very much for all the input.... so arturia is more like omnisphere rather than keyscape.... ok... got it...

I have noticed that most keyboard libraries are Rhodes and wurlitzer epianos and acoustics.... I haven't seen a library with roland and Korg modern electric pianos.... any recomendations

KVRNelson72 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:00 am I haven't seen a library with roland and Korg modern electric pianos.... any recomendations
For these two companies You either go hardware or have to check the Roland Cloud subscription/plugins or official Korg Triton VST

the question would be better in this way: kontakt or keyscape?
plus to add another dimension: if you like how korg sounds, there's also triton for keys

KVRNelson72 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:00 am I haven't seen a library with roland and Korg modern electric pianos.... any recomendations
From what I've seen, these will most likely end up as additional plugins you'll have to add to the list. The aforementioned Keyscape and Arturia provide great choices for (different kinds) of "on in all"s, but a good Korg or Roland are usually (like mentioned above) Hardware, or dedicated emulations. You might be able to find some good cheap or even free ones, but that, I feel, is a search on it's on altogether.
Take care :wink:

Maybe check out the XV & SRX plugins as well.
https://www.rolandcloud.com/

KVRNelson72 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:00 am I have noticed that most keyboard libraries are Rhodes and wurlitzer epianos and acoustics.... I haven't seen a library with roland and Korg modern electric pianos.... any recomendations
https://www.uvi.net/key-suite

Lots of models, but seems to not have Korg and Roland pianos though :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

If you’re primarily interested in acoustic and electromechanical instruments, Keyscape.
Stormchild

our KeyTone key-based virtual instrument is currently in our "Name your Price" sale....its a Kontakt product tho..

https://channelrobot.com/product/keytone/
VST/AU Developer for Hire

Return to “Instruments”