One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:tu:

Thanks for the OSC 136, I really enjoyed this.

Here's my two cents for improvements:

- The track rating should have a wider range than 1-5
- Personally not a big fan of publishing the ratings via spreadsheet

I'm sure both of these have been mentioned before :wink:
Last edited by TheWaveWarden on Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi!
I'm following OSC since 3 months, and it's a real pleasure, I'm enjoying making and listening to other's tracks.
Maybe one suggestion , could we do from time to time a One Sample Challenge ?
The idea would be to make tracks using only one short sample mangled with one sampler instrument. Have you ever done something like that ?
Cheers

ElVincente wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:55 pm Hi!
I'm following OSC since 3 months, and it's a real pleasure, I'm enjoying making and listening to other's tracks.
Maybe one suggestion , could we do from time to time a One Sample Challenge ?
The idea would be to make tracks using only one short sample mangled with one sampler instrument. Have you ever done something like that ?
Cheers
I am thinking about that since quite a while. It could be its own challenge in the sampler forum...
I would call is SSC for single sample challenge, but somebody would have to maintain it...

I made a piece in the 80s with just one sample of Diamanda Galas voice:
https://soundcloud.com/ondes-memorielle ... -the-voice
No DAWs back then, I had two samplers a Akai S-612 and a Casio FZ-10m driven by my Polyrik program and assembled with a Fostex 8-track tape machine... (1 track waisted for sync...)

and recently my contribution for the songwriter challenge SWC029 was also one sample, a long one though, a complete poem...
https://soundcloud.com/ondes-memorielle ... ave-sinned

I liked your tracks, especially with the poem.
This is an interesting idea!) Should the "One" philosophy be preserved? Maybe it should be One Sampler&Sample Challenge? One for everyone, as usual free for the competition availability, such as Short Circuit 2, Grace, TX16Wx or something else...

I would vote for just the sample, free to use any tools. For this creativity is more relevant than tools. You can cut-up like crazy just with editing...

delete

I vote for Full Buckets Fury-800 as an upcoming OSC. The Poly-800 was my very first synth!

Ooh Yeaa! Plus ten times! I couldn't participate last time with Trident, although I started writing a track, but I still love Full Bucket's synths! The Fury-800 generally hits me in the heart with its lo-fi sounds and beautiful in its imperfection sequencer... it's so much fun to play with!)
P.S. Perhaps this is the (imperfect/limited) synthesizer that will help us "not get spoiled", as other OSC members have already mentioned :?: :hihi:

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:50 pm I vote for Full Buckets Fury-800 as an upcoming OSC. The Poly-800 was my very first synth!
Please wait for the next version of the Fury-800... will take a while though.

Cheers, Björn

Full Bucket wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:33 am Please wait for the next version of the Fury-800... will take a while though.
I'm pretty sure that means, it will be a mean OSC-worth machine! :-D

Mean and cheap, like the original... :hihi:

Maybe we can make a MPS challenge before - cheaper and more of a challenge. Participants would have to concentrate much more on composition than sound design...;-)
Would give time to fix the note off bug in Fury...

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:11 amWould give time to fix the note off bug in Fury...
Indeed, the Fury-800 currently only receives on MIDI channel 1; Note Offs work fine so I assume it is your MPE controller sending on other channels than 1, too. Anyway, will be fixed. 8)

BTW sorry for OT. :oops:

Cheers, Björn

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:11 amMPS challenge
:?:
EDIT, oh this one :dog: : https://www.fullbucket.de/music/mps.html

Return to “Instruments”