Trying to get Tom Lord Alge to mix my song for free

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, just submitted my song to the fix my mix contest with Tom Lord Alge (he's only going to pick one song to mix live: https://www.waves.com/fix-my-mix )

Anyways, I’m really hoping he’ll pick mine. I think the mix is kinda muddy but I'm hoping he'll think it's at least better than other songs... please let me know what you think  https://soundcloud.com/user-368194643

"Be your man":

Nice lascivious-relaxed song. Beautifully sung. It's definitely worth remixing. :tu:

But I think your mix is already quite good. The acoustic guitars are a bit
"brutally tinny brashy" - here I see room for improvements!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Nice track.

If you want, I'd be willing to do a mix for you. I occasionally will take part in "mix-offs" on gearslutz. Here's one example if you want to check it out.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... stcount=57
You are currently reading my signature.

Great song! The mix is quite good.

I wasn't sure about the telephone effect @ 1:36. The chorus sounded slightly crowded and could be rebalanced I think.

Hopefully Tom will pick your song.

So, the flip side is, whoever my heart desires to mix or master, might not be free, at a expense, so it will be. What an encouraging thought that at price, it is acheivable?!

*not even on point. :hihi:
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

na
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Where are the other songs, to compare?

I guess its way beyond what i can acheive, specifically, in the art of recording. well done

TTU Youtube

lyrics

TTU Youtube

Sounds awesome. You have a great voice. I hope TLA picks you

I don't get to hear the other songs of course but thanks everyone! Means a lot!

lyrics are:
There was a time in this old place
When everybody felt the need to be alive, to be worthy of such a perfect soothing breeze
And never have I felt so lonely as I feel right here, right now,
Feel the world is spinning slowly
Feel the emptiness in my mind

The time has come to change my ways
And you're the one to show me
The cold is here and I've walked this maze before
As winter fell upon me
Oh, how I wish to watch you smile again
Oh, how I wish to be your man

There was a time in your old place
There was a time when we used to speak
Now you're turning your eyes away
You're only here when you sleep
And our memories turned to gold as our realities disappeared
And all our vacant dreams still unsolved
Not a wound is sealed

My crown of thorns is burning
My cold steel heart is melting
My hollow eyes are drifting through your empty tears that pass me by
My clammy hands are shaking
My chest is aching, breaking
I'm losing my mind

The time has come to change my ways
And you're the one to show me
The cold is here and I've walked this maze before
As winter fell upon me
And now I got to watch you smile again
Oh, now I fear to be your man

Really appreciate all your comments! :)

Musically it sounds really interesting and I enjoy the production.

I like the vocal work, but I find the overall mix sounds boxy in a bad way. Needs a slight cut at around 200 hz and the high end needs more spatialness and maybe a slight boost.. it's stuffy. I think the kick drum needs something.. but I can't put my finger on it right now. It sounds thuddy in an unconvincing manner to me. Compression? Saturation? Different Kick? Not sure.

Maybe the mix is spatially too narrow in the upper mids too? (outside of the guitar) I'm not sure here either.

It would be interesting to see and hear how a professional mix engineer would handle this. I'd probably tune in to watch (Despite knowing its going to be a waves hosted session and thus really just a commercial for waves software)

VitaminD wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:54 pm Musically it sounds really interesting and I enjoy the production.

I like the vocal work, but I find the overall mix sounds boxy in a bad way. Needs a slight cut at around 200 hz and the high end needs more spatialness and maybe a slight boost.. it's stuffy. I think the kick drum needs something.. but I can't put my finger on it right now. It sounds thuddy in an unconvincing manner to me. Compression? Saturation? Different Kick? Not sure.

Maybe the mix is spatially too narrow in the upper mids too? (outside of the guitar) I'm not sure here either.

It would be interesting to see and hear how a professional mix engineer would handle this. I'd probably tune in to watch (Despite knowing its going to be a waves hosted session and thus really just a commercial for waves software)
Exactly my thoughts. Thought the mix is boxy and muddy, lacks something to get me more excited when hearing it.

Plus, the kick feels good to me during the verses for the most part but it just doesn't work in the chorus for some reason that I can't place my finger on

So… the webinar is today, my song didn’t get picked but it was awesome hearing your thoughts, really appreciate ya'll and I’m still looking forward to seeing TLA does his magic, the man knows his stuff… btw, this is the link to the actual webinar if anyone’s interested: https://www.waves.com/fix-my-mix-with-tom-lord-alge

Return to “Music Cafe”