Faulty design in TrackSpacer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just purchased the praised Wavesfactory TrackSpacer.
Disappointment, in use with the Live, anyway.
The idea of the TS is, as the name says, create space between two tracks including
audio material with the same frequencies.
But you can´t monitor the frequencies of the effected track (where you put the TS plugin),
TS shows only the sidechain input frequencies. How the user can adjust the TS,
if the plugins doesn´t include collision frequency information? :dog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeJ7hPhhBAQ

Why would you want to have that information? For what is it beneficial?
Your goal is to duck frequencies based on the sidechain input information and that is what this plugin does.
That way, the two tracks do not collide.

If you drive a car, and all the other cars in the traffic are invisible, how to avoid the collision?
Yes, you can stick your head out of the side window, and try to listen the other engine sounds, of course. :help:

The plugin will avoid collision. It's automated.

Your example of driving a car is a little weird to be honest, in no way comparable to the situation in your opening post. :?

Dark Fiber wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:58 pm The plugin will avoid collision. It's automated.

Your example of driving a car is a little weird to be honest, in no way comparable to the situation in your opening post.
You obviously don’t know how the TS works: the user adjustd high- and lowpass filters according to the desired effet, masking etc.
Filters show very precisely the cutting borders - but that’s useless, because the plugin shows only the frequency curve of the sidechain source.

The information of BOTH audio source frequency spectrum is essential, of course.

Bought it without even demoing? Smart... Why don't you use your ears instead? Why seeing the spectrum?

MrBauer wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:11 pm Bought it without even demoing? Smart... Why don't you use your ears instead? Why seeing the spectrum?
Yes, your suggestion in my car analog is: you don’t need to see, just listen to other cars motor sounds - and keep driving. :party:

Why there is hundreds of spectograms in the market, if we don’t need one?

Don't own this plugin but doesn't the white line shows which parts of the side-chained original track were affected and which not (low- & hi-cut knobs) ?

Anyway, i too can't see the problem here tbh.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Have you read the manual? It's possible to see and monitor both the sidechain and effected signal.

USER INTERFACE This is the main view of the plug-in. On the top you have a spectrum analyser that will show you the analysis of the incoming signal. When you set up the side chain the blue line will show the analysis of the side chain signal and the white analysis the reduction amount based on the amount knob. On mouse-hover the display will show the frequency and dB values that the mouse points to.

Side-chain: When activating this button you’ll hear the side chain signal with the Low-Cut and High-Cut filter applied for a better fine-tuning.

mladi wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:23 pm Don't own this plugin but doesn't the white line shows which parts of the side-chained original track were affected and which not (low- & hi-cut knobs) ?

Anyway, i too can't see the problem here tbh.
Obviously you don’t see the problem, because you don’t seem to understand how the plugin works.

Well, i can easily spot by your answers (even i don't own the TS) everybody understand this plugin better then you.
Last edited by mladi on Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Harry_HH wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:20 pm
MrBauer wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:11 pm Bought it without even demoing? Smart... Why don't you use your ears instead? Why seeing the spectrum?
Yes, your suggestion in my car analog is: you don’t need to see, just listen to other cars motor sounds - and keep driving. :party:
Sorry but I don't even know who in your car analogy is the sidechain and who is the effected track...

Anyways you have all the information as you see exactly where the effect is applying the ducking. What else do you need to set up the filters?

Winstontaneous wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:24 pm Have you read the manual? It's possible to see and monitor both the sidechain and effected signal.

USER INTERFACE This is the main view of the plug-in. On the top you have a spectrum analyser that will show you the analysis of the incoming signal. When you set up the side chain the blue line will show the analysis of the side chain signal and the white analysis the reduction amount based on the amount knob. On mouse-hover the display will show the frequency and dB values that the mouse points to.

Side-chain: When activating this button you’ll hear the side chain signal with the Low-Cut and High-Cut filter applied for a better fine-tuning.
Yes, I have red the manual.
If you claim, that you can see the frequency curves of both of the signals, in that case you can tell us in which time point of the above Youtube tutorial that shows.

MrBauer wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:30 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:20 pm
Sorry but I don't even know who in your car analogy is the sidechain and who is the effected track...

Anyways you have all the information as you see exactly where the effect is applying the ducking. What else do you need to set up the filters?
That is not correct - ”all the information”, as you put it, included the frequency spectrum of both of the signals. How difficult that is to understand?

Don't see the problem here. What's relevant for processing is the sidechain (because it triggers the ducking) and the ducking itself (it shows you where and how much to duck). If you need to see another spectrum to set up the effect, put an analyzer on the track. Though I do not see what additional information it could show you. Maybe you could give a more detailed example where it is beneficial to see the spectrum and how it solves collisions then.

You could also place a proper feature request but I guess if more users would have asked for it, it would already be implemented.

Return to “Effects”