BSOD Problem with TPKD.sys from an old version from iLok Pace (my bad)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not really. We live in a society full of constantly offended people who think they have to moan about something. Today i-Lock, tomorrow something else 🙄
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Teksonik wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:29 pm The only problem I've ever had was when I accepted and installed an update that was offered from within the e-licenser program itself.

It broke all my licenses. Just from installing an update that was suggested and provided by Pace itself. No malware involved....unless you consider the Pace app itself malware.

Now this was years ago on a Win 7 system and I don't remember exactly what I had to do but I just remember it was a bitch getting everything working again.

The one thing that did stick in my mind is "don't update the e-licenser unless it's absolutely necessary" and I haven't since. I have installed the e-licenser on a new Win 10 machine and haven't had any problems....yet....but then I haven't updated it since installing because there is no need, everything is working.

So when I hear "I've never had a problem in X number of years I attribute that to luck and not skill. :wink:
You mean iLok?

ramseysounds wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:04 pmWe live in a society

volution wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:04 pm
You mean iLok?
https://www.paceap.com/pace-management.html
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Right but your post says e-licenser...

psynical wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:24 pm so it wasn't iLok that trashed your system, it was EVO?
Certainly seems that way. Maybe the OP should change the thread title to "I will never install outdated software versions downloaded from questionable websites again"???
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

volution wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:04 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:04 pmWe live in a society
not really getting the point of your post quoting mine? 🤔

audiot wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:56 amDo you have an ASUS board?
I have a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Rev 2.0 MoBo.
But my last one was ASUS, and nevermore. Asus gave me many problems with CPU fans and some other errors.

Ok, slowly computer is back to normal.
I didn't know much about Antares EVO thingy (or even the official website), just i learned from it after the problem.
Yes, i'm this naive trusting some websites which seemed legit to me (probably is, that EVO thingy is just an old demo, what i don't understand is why they say is "free vst").

My computer was fully updated (except the lattest version of Windows which seems to give problems), and my iLok Pace thing was also updated before the problem. Just was my fault to download from questionable websites. Lesson learned.

Slowly my computer looks like it was. Sorry for any inconvenience. But the driver (TKPD.sys), is still from iLok Pace. And yes, with the updated version i didn't have any problem, as many of yours.

Changing topic title. Thanks for your comments.

IrionDaRonin wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:23 pm
But my last one was ASUS, and nevermore. Asus gave me many problems with CPU fans and some other errors.
Was just an idea. But that blackscreen/dongle problem i've described also cured me. ASUS sucks :x

IrionDaRonin wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:35 pmYes, i'm this naive trusting some websites which seemed legit to me (probably is, that EVO thingy is just an old demo, what i don't understand is why they say is "free vst").
So it was an ‘illegal’ version? 🤔

ramseysounds wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:44 pm
IrionDaRonin wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:35 pmYes, i'm this naive trusting some websites which seemed legit to me (probably is, that EVO thingy is just an old demo, what i don't understand is why they say is "free vst").
So it was an ‘illegal’ version? 🤔
I think was an old demo. What i don't know is why they said "Free Autotune VST". :shrug:
Was EVO free in the past? Or an alpha or something like that?

volution wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:08 pm Right but your post says e-licenser...
Yes the Pace iLok e-licenser (as opposed to the hardware Dongle). License Manger, e-licenser same thing. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Anyway it looks like the OP is not the first person to have this problem. This is from 2008:

"The BSOD mentioned "TPkd.sys." It turns out that is the driver for PACE iLok, which I need to use Auto-Tune.

What I don't understand is why I'm suddenly getting conflicts/BSODs. The FAQs for Antares and for PACE say to make sure you have the latest versions of their software and drivers. This I have done, but no joy".

https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums ... 60308.html

audiot wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:38 pm
IrionDaRonin wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:23 pm
Was just an idea. But that blackscreen/dongle problem i've described also cured me. ASUS sucks :x
I start to use Asus motherboards from 2005, today it's my third Asus mb (bought about 1+half year ago). Frankly i never experienced many problems with it. Some errors\black screens - yes, had a place to be (during use previous two boards), but quite rare, as i assume during common PC experience (the reasons could was in problematic GPU, or my love to customizing BIOS in expensive overclock-related models, that now I do not need), but really never had any problems with usb\ilok\elicenser etc work, or cpu fan.
Now last model what i bought is maximal simple, and I don’t touch the bios at all, except firmware updating. And no any probs here since start.

Return to “Effects”