Toneboosters EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was looking at their site, and the Track Essentials caught my eye, but they are version 3, and the EQ version 4 caught my eye as well.

Now I use DMG EQuality pretty much exclusively for all EQ needs, but I am on the lookout for a similar looking EQ with more character. This caught my eye.

Anyone with experience of it care to give some feedback ?

And how does V3 differ to V4 ? And do Track Essentials go V4 eventually ? Bit lost with their update policies.
Last edited by LeVzi on Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:52 am but I am on the lookout for a similar looking EQ with more character. This caught my eye.
Define what you meant by more character.

The TB stuff is excellent, and for compressors and EQ it's all very transparent. Excellent work tools for DAW work when you want to have control and do things cleanly. The v3 bundles (Essentials and Bus) are probably the best deal in DAW tools all around in terms of quality + quantity for price.

The V4 stuff is an evolution on the thinking, but overall when it comes to TB stuff it seems that nothing ever truly replaces previous tools. There are more or different features and a different (modern) interface, but not exactly the same approach from version to version. I still think that TB Flx 3 is one of the best dynamic EQs ever made and I frankly prefer it over a lot of things, including EQ4.

One of the things I like about the v4 plugins is the combining of a few different features and the low,or even zero latency...

I have almost all of the V3 plugins but the only one I use now is the DeEsser...

Barricade 4,Equalizer 4 and Reel Bus 4 get used on every single project and Reverb 4 gets a good look in too...

Barricade 4 and Reel Bus 4 are permanently wired into the master bus...

Equalizer 4 is great because a dynamic EQ is such a useful tool for getting parts to sit well in the mix...

Compressor 4 is the only plugin on my list of things to buy because that one's a real beauty. ..

So the TB v4 plugins get my vote of confidence :)
Last edited by digitalboytn on Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
No auto tune...

LeVzi wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:52 am And do Track Essentials go V4 eventually ?
Only certain plugins; I doubt anything else from Track Essentials will see a significant update to v4. Ferox is covered by Reelbus, DeEssing by Sibilance in Bus Tools, Module stuck out like a sore thumb,and Gating is covered by Evoke in Bus Tools. I think it's only Time Machine that has no functionality covered by any other plugins, so who knows...maybe a dedicated v4 Bit & Sample reduction plugin one day?

Personally, I think Sibilance and Evoke from Bus Tools will get some kind of combined v4 treatment.

I would love an Isone v4 though; that hasn't really changed since 2011.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:35 am I think it's only Time Machine that has no functionality covered by any other plugins, so who knows...maybe a dedicated v4 Bit & Sample reduction plugin one day?
That's what I'm hoping for. When I look at the ToneBoosters catalogue, I think Jeroen already has the building blocks (filters, EQ, compression, saturation, etc.) needed to make a much more advanced TimeMachine v4.

jochicago wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:09 am
LeVzi wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:52 am but I am on the lookout for a similar looking EQ with more character. This caught my eye.
Define what you meant by more character.
I mean more colourful filters, as opposed to digital cleanliness , at least as an option, which I think this EQ offers.

I really need a parametric EQ in the style of Pro Q and EQuality etc, that can have some more colourful filters in it, that just add something, wouldnt worry me if it was distortion of sorts, i'd like that for an EQ.

TB4 eQ features a per band saturation knob.
https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_equalizer_v4.html

sinkmusic wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:32 am TB4 eQ features a per band saturation knob.
https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_equalizer_v4.html
Yeah this is kinda what I was getting at, and it looks really interesting.

I think I might need to get this. Could be a real addition to the collection. :tu:

Well I got it and I have to say, THIS THING IS INCREDIBLE.

It's not often I get overly excited about a new plugin, but this one has it. Made a massive difference for what I bought it for, I needed an EQ with character, and it's got that in bundles.

So pleased I got it.

oops

I'm such a nut for spatial manipulators (imagers of all sorts).

Jeroen hasn't done anything in that department (only a Reverb).

Demoed the EQ and it was quite a surprise with the saturation on the bands. :tu:

Return to “Effects”