Omnisphere startup screen

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is there any way to make Omnisphere not start up in the 'about/check for updates' screen but rather on the edit page every time?

Nope. Even going to system and telling it the startup page should be the EDIT page, nothing changes. I have tried for years to figure out how to stop the splash screen. Also would love a fix for Trilian.

I mean under System, you CAN change the page that appears after the splash screen.

thejonsolo wrote:Nope. Even going to system and telling it the startup page should be the EDIT page, nothing changes. I have tried for years to figure out how to stop the splash screen. Also would love a fix for Trilian.

I mean under System, you CAN change the page that appears after the splash screen.
Yeah I know - you'd think that would also enable you to get rid of the first screen - why the heck not? It's not needed most of the time.

this is just sad. and annoying
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

Spectrasonics never got the memo that splash screens went out of style 20 years ago.
Stormchild

Even as one of Omnisphere/Spectrasonics most ardent defenders, even I can't 'explain away' this one....

rsp
sound sculptist

Can't stand this either. Please Spectrasonics... Let us turn this off!

zvenx wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:15 pm Even as one of Omnisphere/Spectrasonics most ardent defenders, even I can't 'explain away' this one....
I guess at least you'll always know right away if there's an update. Would prefer if it skipped the splash screen and just showed a badge in the corner of the regular UI to indicate an update, and when users click that badge, then you show the screen with the version and update info.

It's not that big a deal though. One click and it's gone, so it's pretty far down my list of improvements I'd like to see.
Stormchild

I'm envious that some of you guys have the mental space and clarity to view this as a problem. Can I buy your shoes? I'd love to walk in them.

(Discusson is good of course, but a thread on Omni splash screen? Who knew huh)
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

It is annoying. Adding a click or two for every instance. Clicks add up! Yeah, it’s pretty minor in the grand scheme.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Arashi wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:39 am
zvenx wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:15 pm Even as one of Omnisphere/Spectrasonics most ardent defenders, even I can't 'explain away' this one....
I guess at least you'll always know right away if there's an update. Would prefer if it skipped the splash screen and just showed a badge in the corner of the regular UI to indicate an update, and when users click that badge, then you show the screen with the version and update info.

It's not that big a deal though. One click and it's gone, so it's pretty far down my list of improvements I'd like to see.
Except RMX has a splash screen and doesn't till you about an update. I think Trilian doesn't either, don't quite recall.
rsp
sound sculptist

revvy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:36 am I'm envious that some of you guys have the mental space and clarity to view this as a problem. Can I buy your shoes? I'd love to walk in them.

Creating it took little more time than dismissing the opening screen a few times but if enough people are bothered by it and it gets across to Spectrasonics then it's worth those few seconds I really had to spare.

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:52 am
revvy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:36 am I'm envious that some of you guys have the mental space and clarity to view this as a problem. Can I buy your shoes? I'd love to walk in them.

Creating it took little more time than dismissing the opening screen a few times but if enough people are bothered by it and it gets across to Spectrasonics then it's worth those few seconds I really had to spare.
Indeed, fingers crossed they find out about this problem, would be fantastic. I hope they change the shade of blue in the UI too, truly heartbreaking to have such a colour on one of my synths.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Some people (not including myself in this topic) really enjoy shaving off every single second in their workflow. I really don't know what's the rush, but maybe some people just can't wait those few seconds to let their creative juices flow. Who knows.
Take care :wink:

I hate that screen too it is so early 2000s...

Return to “Instruments”