Omnisphere startup screen

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For me it is a distraction. Granted not a huge one, but a distraction.

Often I create one or two ways.
1) I have an idea in my head and I need to record it quickly as possible before I forget it.......every second counts in that situation for me.... every thing I am doing that isn't recording that idea is critical for me.

2) I have to create under a deadline, and that deadline is never enough..... every second indeed counts there too.

my two cents.
rsp
sound sculptist

^ That's what I kept thinking about when it comes to why people would seek removing splash screens for example. Personally, I never felt like it's that big of an issue, as my workflow never relied on "sitting through" a splash screen. More often then not, I play my piano vst of choice and then develop it further.

But if you only get those few precious minutes to get an idea down, waiting even a few seconds might feel like a drag if it happens over and over again. So I completely understand.
Take care :wink:

It’s not about saving seconds, and no one’s saying this is a huge deal or losing sleep over it. It’s just an unnecessary extra step to have to click to get past the welcome screen every time you load Omnisphere, and no other plugin does this (except other Spectrasonics ones). They should get rid of it. Nothing more to it than that.
Stormchild

I don't think they will alas. It came up several times when Eric use to participate often here on kvr, years, probably decades ago by now :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Arashi wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:49 pm It’s not about saving seconds, and no one’s saying this is a huge deal or losing sleep over it. It’s just an unnecessary extra step to have to click to get past the welcome screen every time you load Omnisphere, and no other plugin does this (except other Spectrasonics ones). They should get rid of it. Nothing more to it than that.
Exactly

Omnisphere must be good if this is all there is to complain about ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:47 pm Omnisphere must be good if this is all there is to complain about ;-)
And laggy preset browser, and slow to open
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

On your system.....
rsp
sound sculptist

And my system...and quite a few other people's systems judging by the other thread. My system is plenty powerful enough, both graphics wise (if that is a possible reason) and CPU wise that literally every other synth I own doesn't lag like Omni does.

But afaik the reason Spectrasonics has not fixed it yet is because it is on a small amount of systems and they haven't be able to reproduce it.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”