untitled - new, space

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gonna add some parts to it today, I have 90-some percent of my palette installed.

The initial version is already an impressive piece of music. Very intense. You seem to have generated an entire world from one patch.

t.y.
the version up now is the beginnings of an orchestration

To me, this sounds a little like an amalgam of the quiet parts of Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part 1 with the noisy pre-intro section of part II. It's a great combo. Your Jenks quote reminds me of the seventh principle of King Crimson :wink:

Good work :)

P.S. I think you may have a rendering error on the track currently uploaded to dropbox (at 00:50 GMT 13/07). It sounds like the last 30 seconds (3:27-3:57) are a duplicate of the previous 30. Maybe some kind of buffering issue.

Damnit.

not the first time, either. This system is right now 192 samples for 8.5ms round trip latency, which is unbelievable for this Absynth patch, let alone adding a big-ass BFD3 patch and the rest; the last system using the onboard drivers was typically 768 if not 1024 in the buffers at some godawful latency. Beyond my pay grade to even grasp this, so I re-rendered a full PCM and then an mp3 off that. First one of these overwrote the older file, and the render itself did add that ~half a minute past the Right Locator. :?

Did it again, clean, and now the file is 3:29, not 3:58 so let's replace that at the Dropbox.

Which at the site is what I rendered. I checked the old one and it's in the render, exact same problem as last year, it restarts (then I dealt with it enough to know it was not an exact point but general, where it starts up after the ending) at some point. Bizarre.

OK, so thanks for that. 1AM render and upload and I went to bed. Always be paranoid about renders, Civil.

I'm hearing something (a big surprise harmony) for the last sonorities that it will take some doing. The original Absynth-only deal lacks finality.

This is the first thing I've done since November '19.
It's a bit strange to me a system with high buffering and one with quite low buffering doing the exact same thing (it must be some kind of rendering SNAFU), and past the Right Locator is just weird to me, in itself.

Funny thing, Alden Jenks, that's all he ever said to me really. I mean Electronic Music Lab was <ok, we got some equipment here, knock yourself out>.
Two identical Revox A-77s for the Eno/Frippertronics setup which I knew how to do because Eno told how in the liner notes, Music for Airports or one o' those. I tend to think those being in there was not mere coincidence. Then there was the Otari mastering deck with the splicing board attached. So I was all about tape then.
I wish I had the audio from that project. I recorded microphone/speaker feedback, very clean tones for feedback because the speakers were high-end, and sent it through the system. There is still no other really viable way to do that, software inadequate, possibly forever.

This turned into a whole thing, adding an orchestral overlay. Last night was a truly irritating experience, sorting thru the part-writing against this monstrosity of a patch. I had some troubleshooting to do on the connection between VE Pro and Cubase today, and as a result I ended up hitting play with no Absynth connected, forgetting to reconnect that inst. And it surprised me. This is the orchestra overlay by itself:

Farfetch_Orch-only

It's a new piece practically.

Farfetch_Absynth-only

separated, these seem quiet

Combined:
Farfetch so far

Very nice, I like it

Nice creepy/dark atmosphere. Enjoyed, good work! :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

thanks, guys

Pretty cool :tu: , a lot of tension in there. I always liked absynth but never got round to buying it.
I never thought about dropbox either, here I've been suffering soundcloud to post junk here at kvr.

-Cheers

""Farfetch so far". Well i listened it. I don't know what to say about this sort of music. I did enjoy it.

glad y'all could make it :)

Now for the hard part. The orch is basic, crude, get the notes on there to find out what the harmonies gwyne do;, now to voice things and bring lines out of the fog of war there.

Return to “Music Cafe”