Faulty design in TrackSpacer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dark Fiber wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:18 pm
audiot wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:44 pm
Dark Fiber wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:16 pm A year ago i've bought Sonible smart:comp in stead of Trackspacer. Smart:comp has a lot more bands, and can also be used for general compression purposes. It also has an A.I. function which sets up all the parameters based on the sounds you are working with.
I'm fine with TrackSpacer ... but more options and less CPU :wheee: Usability looks also good/easy. I doubt that i will resist the next sale :oops: The AI thingy didnt impress me that much, as far as i remember, but it's been a while since i've demoed it. Sonible stuff is top notch :tu: ... still cannot believe they gave away the Entropy EQ as a free gift on Plugin Boutique :hail:
Yeah, got that one for "free" too, as well as the Proximity EQ a year ago :D
Don't use them a lot though, and did not like smart:eq2. But smart:comp for sidechaining is top notch.
I missed the Proximity giveaway, unfortunatly :( Some of them have unusual concepts ... like Entropy. I didnt know what to do with it, until i watched a tutorial. Extremly useful on muddy material as it allows to remove inharmonic frequencies :clap:

The question is: Who forced OP to buy without demoing? Seems it's easier to rant about something than to try the demo prior buying.

Guess why the dev provided a demo in the first place?
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

plexuss wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:19 pm After reading this thread my IQ dropped 20 points. Thanks for that Harry_HH : /
:hihi:

Dark Fiber wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:17 pm
frizzbee wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:28 pm you can see the masking where the ducking appears. both spectra with a "red masking zone" would only be duplicate info.
Yeah, you know, but when i drive a car, i want to SEE the petrol going from the back to the front. Otherwise i'm not sure if the car is driving as it should. :hihi:
F**k you! I've spilled coffee on my laptop! :tantrum: :smack: :hihi:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

audiot wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:24 pm Trackspacer is frequently on sale for around 30 euros ... i love it, but for that price i dont expect much more :shrug: Sonible Smartcomp has a spectral ducking mode, that works exactly like trackspacer. I can remember that the guys at Gearsluts and Dogsonacid prefered it over TS (CPU usage is also better on SmartComp).

Sonible did a summer sale, at the end of july in 2019. If you're looking for more features you should check the demo. Here's a good video that explains the two different ducking modes. If they do a sale this year i will definitly get it

Explanation of the spectral ducking mode starts around 7:30 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6we2UwrChM
Sonible Summer sale starts next friday :party: SmartComp = 69 € ... if somenone is looking for an alternative to Trackspacer.

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/sonible-s ... tent=49160

audiot wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:49 am
Sonible Summer sale starts next friday :party: SmartComp = 69 € ... if somenone is looking for an alternative to Trackspacer.

thanks for the heads-up, i've been looking at it for a while. it's a similar tool but works fundamentally different, iirc smart:comp is FFT while trackspacer is multiband. both approaches have their pros and cons

Kind of #OT but what is the exact difference between Smarteq/freiraum and the Version 2? Just asking because I already have the proximity & entropy, both as a freebie via PB.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Ploki wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:28 pm
audiot wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:49 am

thanks for the heads-up, i've been looking at it for a while. it's a similar tool but works fundamentally different, iirc smart:comp is FFT while trackspacer is multiband. both approaches have their pros and cons
Thanks for the explanation :tu: I'll do some testing the next days ... if it doesnt work as good as TrackSpacer i'll throw it on the marketplace (unfortunatly my demo period for SmartComp run out a few months ago).

Anyone knows if smartcomp was ever on sale below that 69€? I got smarteq recently for 50 bucks (one of those impulse buys, haven’t really got much use from it).
Not that I really need another compressor, but from what I remember from the demo, smartcomp in spectral compression mode was absolutely excellent for finger picked acoustic guitar. Don’t think I need it for the spectral ducking , though.

Smart comp has gone for $59.49 at Audiodeluxe 7 months ago.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Effects”