D16 Lush-101. Is it worth it for 97euro? (solved)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

D16 Lush-101. Is it worth it for 97euro?

I understand the 101 is a "classic", but i don't know much about it.

I'm a bit unsure about D16. I have Repeater which i bought in a sale once, and then i have Syntorous which i bought for very cheap with a voucher D16 gave to me, and then i upgraded to Syntorous 2 for very cheap, but i don't really use this stuff.

I love "classic" synths, and i bought a 101 acid sample pack from Samplemagic when Samplemagic closed down and i admit i did think "i think i like this better than 303. Maybe my acid isn't 303."

But i have other things on my wishlist already, than Lush-101: in no particular order Zoom H4N Pro, Repro 1/5, Padshop 2, Sonic Charge bundle, Zynaptiq Adaptiverb, and 2Caudio Breeze, but i love a bargain. ;) Does anybody know will any of these things be in Black Friday sale? I'm waiting for a sale definitely for Adaptiverb, i'm not planning to buy Adaptiverb for full price!

Anyway D16 have got a sale 35% until Aug 15 2020 if that's helpful to anybody.
Last edited by Spring Goose on Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It's well worth it to me as I love the sound and functions of luSH101 but you should try the demo. Our opinions should really mean nothing as I'm sure someone will follow up with a post saying they dislike it as much as I like it..... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:56 pm Our opinions should really mean nothing as I'm sure someone will follow up with a post saying they dislike it as much as I like it..... :shrug:
I didn't know what to expect! I'm like a driftwood waiting for the current. :)

Hi
i love a bargain

In that case keep an eye on the market place - I have seen it going for as low as 30Euro and often not much more than that.

original flipper wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:24 pm Hi
i love a bargain

In that case keep an eye on the market place - I have seen it going for as low as 30Euro and often not much more than that.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=546319&p=7780201&h ... 1#p7780201

Cheers and cheers guys. :)

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:52 pm
But i have other things on my wishlist already, than Lush-101: in no particular order Zoom H4N Pro, Repro 1/5, Padshop 2, Sonic Charge bundle, Zynaptiq Adaptiverb, and 2Caudio Breeze,
& Phonec, that's it!

I really like it. Your timing is bad. I think JRR Shop had it very cheap about a week ago, around $50 I think.

an-electric-heart wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:44 pm I really like it. You're timing is bad. I think JRR Shop had it very cheap about a week ago, around $50 I think.
Bah!

I did not like it. The interface is weird and it use way to much cpu

poopinpants wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:42 pm I did not like it. The interface is weird and it use way to much cpu
I noticed it has quite demanding requirements.

I've installed the demo, i'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

If you like the sound and think the price is right, get it. I don't use it much because it's an absolute CPU killer with certain patches. I love the sound but using it in a big project, unless I freeze tracks as I do them, makes it very difficult to squeeze this one in.

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:10 pm I didn't know what to expect!
Again.....
Teksonik wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:56 pm you should try the demo
Earlier today I was playing luSH101 with a multi-layer patch layered with Dune 3 with a multi-layer patch and Rapid with a multi-layer patch all in real time (3ms) and CPU demand didn't even enter my mind.

It's all so system dependent....you'll know a few minutes into the demo if it's right for you. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:11 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:10 pm I didn't know what to expect!
Again.....
Teksonik wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:56 pm you should try the demo
Earlier today I was playing luSH101 with a multi-layer patch layered with Dune 3 with a multi-layer patch and Rapid with a multi-layer patch all in real time (3ms) and CPU demand didn't even enter my mind.

It's all so system dependent....you'll know a few minutes into the demo if it's right for you. :tu:
Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:45 pm
I've installed the demo, i'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

Cheers pal :)

it's on my radar but i'm always in the "should i really? do i really need it?"

i think its good tho.

Return to “Instruments”