BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Hello!
This looks like the arp I've been dreaming of! I'm so excited - thanks so much.

It seems that for "restart on key" to work, I have to release the previous note for at least a 16th note. Is there another way to restart the sequence perhaps, that doesn't require a 16th-note going missing?

(post edited due to having the wrong version installed by accident)

Hi,

I've just downloaded the newest version, and am finding that I'm unable to load a bank of presets.

The -new- BlueArp GUI contains the menu for available presets, so that presets can't be loaded in as they'd been loaded, in the previous version.

How -do- I load in a bank pf presets?
Can I access the ones I'd created, with the previous version of BlueArp?

Keith

K8ch wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:55 pm Hi,

I've just downloaded the newest version, and am finding that I'm unable to load a bank of presets.

The -new- BlueArp GUI contains the menu for available presets, so that presets can't be loaded in as they'd been loaded, in the previous version.

Can I access the ones I'd created, with the previous version of BlueArp
BlueARP is forward compatible, presets made in old version may load in newer versions.
Anyhow, attach the preset here so we can check it.

Hi guys

I'm struggling to get Blue Arp to work properly when I use multiple instances.

I currently have a project with two instances of Blue Arp, controlling different synths. When I export the project audio, the arps are all confused - seems like the midi data has been corrupted. It plays fine in my DAW (Cakewalk) it's just when I export to audio that I get the problem.

Anyone else have this issue...? It's possible I haven't routed the midi channels correctly. Anyone know what the correct midi in ch and midi out ch configs should be?

Cheers :-)

Maazouk wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:53 pm Hi guys

I currently have a project with two instances of Blue Arp, controlling different synths. When I export the project audio, the arps are all confused - seems like the midi data has been corrupted. It plays fine in my DAW (Cakewalk) it's just when I export to audio that I get the problem.

Anyone else have this issue...? It's possible I haven't routed the midi channels correctly. Anyone know what the correct midi in ch and midi out ch configs should be?

Basically BlueARP is a like a midi device. It communicates to the linked synth / instruments.

However, this depends on the the way a DAW handles midi path. I believe that in CW there's already an issue.

It would be so much helpful if there's a reference to see the configuration & what's going on.

phreaque wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:03 pm
Maazouk wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:53 pm Hi guys

Basically BlueARP is a like a midi device. It communicates to the linked synth / instruments.

However, this depends on the the way a DAW handles midi path. I believe that in CW there's already an issue.

It would be so much helpful if there's a reference to see the configuration & what's going on.
Hi, thanks for replying...

I have the input of Synth1 set to receive the midi of BlueArp1 and the input of Synth2 set to receive the midi of BlueArp2.
In BlueArp's settings I have midi in ch set to 'all' and midi out ch set to '1' in both instances of BA.

It plays just fine in the DAW - it's just when the audio is exported that it gets weird!

Maazouk wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:35 pm It plays just fine in the DAW - it's just when the audio is exported that it gets weird!
Hmm, maybe there's some setting regarding midi options in the rendering menu?
The last time I checked CW was in 2003 :/

phreaque wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:47 pm
Maazouk wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:35 pm It plays just fine in the DAW - it's just when the audio is exported that it gets weird!
Yeah, that's a good shout, I'll take a look...

Maazouk wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:57 pm
Maazouk wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:57 pm
Hmmm, nothing I can see that would fix the problem... :?

Sadly this is a common issue apparently, not everybody is happy with CW:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=361311&p=7400466&hi ... k#p7400466
You tried the scenario with other DAW? :?

phreaque wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:59 pm
K8ch wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:55 pm Hi,

Can I access the ones I'd created, with the previous version of BlueArp
BlueARP is forward compatible, presets made in old version may load in newer versions.
Anyhow, attach the preset here so we can check it.

Thanks for the response!
Much appreciated.

I had created a number of different patterns that I'd saved, and those are part of the presets that I'd hoped to be able to load.

Hmm....you said, "presets...MAY load...", which kind of infers you didn't create the new version to be "backward compatible"...which seems a little odd.

Am I really going to lose those presets?
There's not that many, but they took a while to create them, and I'd be hesitant to use any future updates for fear of this happening again.

Stay safe!

Peace,

K8ch

K8ch wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:18 pm Hmm....you said, "presets...MAY load...", which kind of infers you didn't create the new version to be "backward compatible"...which seems a little odd.
No worries mate... As most of software apps, compatibility is an issue :) anyhow, post an example of the presets so I can check it.

At worst case, it is still possible to download older versions of BlueARP and have the incompatible presets to work, then manually copy the configs from the old version to the new version :) Boring but effective.

phreaque wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:32 pm Sadly this is a common issue apparently, not everybody is happy with CW:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=361311&p=7400466&hi ... k#p7400466
You tried the scenario with other DAW? :?
Hi, that link seems to relate to monitor display issues...?

I've not tried the scenario with other DAWs; I may get the trial of FL Studio to test it out.
Cheers :)

BlueARP_Win_v2.2.11 and all newer versions don't install on my system! All older versions work very well.
It just doesn't show the plug-in. I copied the bluearp plug-in folder to c \ program files \ steinberg \ vstplugins.

I use windows xp service pack 3 and nuendo 4.

Could you please have a solution?

How many years since xp was supported by Microsoft? And now you demand that a freeware dev support it? Some people…
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Instruments”