Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

discoDSP wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:35 am New nightly builds today (release candidate).

What's new
  • Linux build.
  • Standalone app.
  • Signed and notarized installers.
https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/
Tried the standalone in Windows 7. It doesn't change Presets or Banks. No matter what we select, it always play the default preset.

VST plug-ins are OK.
Fernando (FMR)

Turning a control slows down the gui on my host .
Os win 10 , 64 bit ,
host renoise
Shame really bçause that last skin is gorgeous
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

fmr wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:12 am Tried the standalone in Windows 7. It doesn't change Presets or Banks. No matter what we select, it always play the default preset.
Are FXB banks dated from yesterday? Maybe the installer didn't overwrite them and you're loading 1.5 ones.
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:16 am Turning a control slows down the gui on my host .
Os win 10 , 64 bit ,
host renoise
Shame really bçause that last skin is gorgeous
What's your system CPU and GPU? I'm getting 10% CPU difference when moving a knob using a 2013 i7 processor on a Windows VM.

No cpu increase whatsoever , renoise scope view becomes laggy , either way I'm gonna roll back to a previous version .
Third gen i5 , old radeon graphics
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

discoDSP wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:25 am
fmr wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:12 am Tried the standalone in Windows 7. It doesn't change Presets or Banks. No matter what we select, it always play the default preset.
Are FXB banks dated from yesterday? Maybe the installer didn't overwrite them and you're loading 1.5 ones.
Yes, they are dated from July 20th. And, as I said, they load OK in the plug-in version. The anomaly only happens in the standalone version
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:04 am Yes, they are dated from July 20th. And, as I said, they load OK in the plug-in version. The anomaly only happens in the standalone version
Can't reproduce here. Windows 7 Build 7601 with CME MIDI keyboard.

discoDSP wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:25 amI'm getting 10% CPU difference when moving a knob using a 2013 i7 processor on a Windows VM.
That's way too much. There shouldn't be such a jump in CPU usage when moving controls...

I think 10% CPU (single core) for a GUI animation is normal. Will investigate.

That is not really the case with many other non-hardware accellerated plugin GUIs... I wonder if this might be JUCE-related.

Actually might not be a bad idea to try and see if OpenGL rendering (hardware accellerated) could be used if a supported GPU is detected on the system (or as a hidden option in the settings.xml file)!

Check https://forum.juce.com/t/opengl-renderer/18032 it may not be a big improvement. I asked my colleagues about the CPU GUI consumption and it’s a normal performance hit for a JUCE plugin. Will investigate to see if there are some repaint optimization possible.

Just FYI - I don't see the same play cursor freezing or CPU jumping when tweaking a UI control issue in any other JUCE plugin that I have (Pianoteq, everything Valhalla, everything Madrona Labs, UVI Falcon...)

So yeah - fingers crossed there could be some optimizations as far as UI invalidation is concerned.

But even before that, it would be superbly appreciated if the Multi knob could be interpolated in 24dB mode so that it doesn't click :)

Knob interpolation should be addressed in 2.1.

Awesome, thanks!

Is there a way to point it to the Themes directory? I've got it right where it says it wants it, in Documents > DiscoDSP > Themes (as well a bunch of other places -- see below), but it can't find it. Trying the 20200721 nightly build as a fresh install; I haven't been able to get a version past 1.4 to work, so I haven't bothered in years.

Here's the list of places I've put it at. Yes, this is excessive and ridiculous. But one of these should work, especially as the first one is precisely where the plugin says things should be.

c:\users\Mike\Documents\DiscoDSP\Themes
c:\users\Mike\Documents\DiscoDSP\OB-Xd\Themes
c:\Program Files\discoDSP\Themes
d:\Mike\Documents\DiscoDSP\Themes
d:\Mike\Documents\DiscoDSP\OBX-d\Themes
d:\Mike\Documents\OBX-d\Themes
d:\audio\VstPlugins\OB-Xd\Themes
d:\audio\VstPlugins\DiscoDSP\Themes
d:\audio\VstPlugins\DiscoDSP\OB-Xd\Themes
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Yes, I just tried the new standalone 64 bit Windows 10 version for the first time, and it hadn't put the Themes in the right place so wouldn't load, and even if i copied the Themes folder and put it where it said it wanted it, it still gave me the error on launch. The installer certainly needs more work!

Return to “Instruments”