NI Komplete Ultimate is just too massive

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

enCiphered wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:09 pm I just (re) discovered Kinetik Metal and have a lot of fun sculpting sounds for an ambient music project.
I have this library for ages but never really used it for a song.
Combined with riffer and some Valhalla shimmer, really beautiful stuff is happening.

Do you guys make excessive use of Komplete Ultimate or would you say you only use a small percentage of what it offers?
How are yo usin' kinetic metal? Tempo synced rhythmic or as a oneshot fx thing?

enCiphered wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:09 pm I just (re) discovered Kinetik Metal and have a lot of fun sculpting sounds for an ambient music project.
Combined with riffer and some Valhalla shimmer, really beautiful stuff is happening.

Do you guys make excessive use of Komplete Ultimate or would you say you only use a small percentage of what it offers?
I use it CONSTANTLY. I *looooove* Kinetic Metal!! I don't open a new project without something from komplete, or maschine2 for my mk3. I'll be making this the 'collectors edition' next year.

Kinh wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:33 am

In my specific case, tempo and quantization is controlled by Riffer via MidiCC. KM is used as an atmospheric background sequence.

nachenko wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:50 am I use 10 % of Komplete 12.

But here’s the thing: I don’t always know what will I use next, but I know no matter what I need, there is something I can use.

Example: Six months ago I participated as sound designer in a game development hackathon (teams go to a venue and make a video game in a weekend) on two different teams.

That means, i had to produce soundtrack and sound effects for two completely different games in 48 hours.

And I had no control on the subject of the two games.

So there I was, a Synthwave producer and synth geek having to produce a Celtic music track for a medieval game, and a weird DnB/ska/punk hybrid out of thing air, with no external help, in 48 hours.

Komplete saved both projects. For the Celtic track I used Strummed Acoustics guitars, strings, horns, Scarbee bass and Drumlab for Bodhrán-like sounds. For the DnB/ska/punk thingy, Scarbee bass again, Electric sunburst for guitars.

That is the big value of Komplete for me. No matter what I’m being thrown into, I have something there to save the day and deliver something usable FAST.

We won best game and best soundtrack, by the way. 8)
Very interesting, thanks for sharing!

And congratulations for winning the price :clap:
I would love to hear the finished soundtrack!

Did you have to use only the effects from Komplete for mixing and mastering?
I really wonder how many people are still using the effects from the solid mix series.

enCiphered wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:25 am Very interesting, thanks for sharing!
Thanks for reading!
enCiphered wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:25 am And congratulations for winning the price :clap:
I would love to hear the finished soundtrack!
Thanks! The two tracks for the contest, plus a much more detailed post about my opinion on Native Instruments as a company, can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=545750
enCiphered wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:25 am Did you have to use only the effects from Komplete for mixing and mastering?
I really wonder how many people are still using the effects from the solid mix series.
No, I don't use them. I used stock Ableton plugins for these two projects, they are not super-fancy emulations of anything, but they get the job done. I use very few 3rd party stuff for effects, actually.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

native instruments as a bakery

me: hello, can i have one bread pls, a bretzel and some muffins.
nikery: nope
me: wh wh whatwhay?
nikery: you can have either the whole bakery, half of the bakery or some stuff we will tell you to buy as our special low price offer for all our special friends.
me:

or
native instruments in its cameo-role in the reissue of seinfelds famous episode

me: hello, i want some...
"soundnazi": NOPE.
me: what?
"soundnazi": GO. OUT.

chk071 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 am I just bought a Porsche. Now I cruise around with 30 km/h.

Do you guys push the pedal more than 5 % in your Porsches?
🤠 You bought the wrong car, mate. This is more your bag. https://youtu.be/qxl_vgYP3Rg

🦉 It's hard to quantify how much of Komplete I use but I've had it since 8, & upgraded to 11. I've yet to use FM8, Absynth & Reaktor. Kotakt gets the most use & I try to use Massive for bass duties. Now & then I find lil treasures like arps in Retro Machines.
Last edited by meldavid on Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

anttimaatteri wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:14 pm native instruments as a bakery

nikery: you can have either the whole bakery, half of the bakery or some stuff we will tell you to buy as our special low price offer for all our special friends.
me:

or

You can buy the plugins as single products though?

chk071 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:42 pm
anttimaatteri wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:14 pm native instruments as a bakery

me:

or

You can buy the plugins as single products though?
just to give a hint.
its about bundles. like the thread is.

Well... you asked for one bread, a bretzel and some muffins. And I told you that you can have that.

chk071 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 am I just bought a Porsche. Now I cruise around with 30 km/h.

Do you guys push the pedal more than 5 % in your Porsches?
I used to have a Porsche and although it was a fine piece of engineering, it was not a practical car...

Most of the time,you'd be in second gear and that would be over the speed limit...

These days I drive a Toyota Corolla,but I prefer to ride one of my bicycles :party:
No auto tune...

enCiphered wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:15 am
Kinh wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:33 am

In my specific case, tempo and quantization is controlled by Riffer via MidiCC. KM is used as an atmospheric background sequence.
So not the tempo synced morph within kinetic metal?

Well, I'm into EDM, but also enjoy cinematic stuff and soudtracks. Komplete Ultimate allows to cover both easily. Plus, I always got something new to try. If I had to buy cinematic libraries separately, I'd simply not do it as it's expensive endeavour to even get started.

Another topic is getting this stuff released. Apparently labels are less eager to sign my hard-tech/cinematic hybrid than I imagined. :hihi: It turned out great, though.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

🦉 Release it yourself on DistroKid or CDBaby that's what all the cool kids are doing.

I thought all the really cool kids are on Bandcamp... CD Baby didn‘t sell a single copy, but I guess thats my fault...

Return to “Instruments”