Seeking replacement VST's for Ohmicide, QuadFrohmage and Ohmboyz

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dirtgrain wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:05 am It has several modes. In "Multi-tap" mode, it can have up to 16 taps. Not sure how that compares though.
Right, but it's not really multitap as you can't control the timing of each tap. It's more of a repeater thing.

psynical wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:58 pm
audiot wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:04 pm :o ... thats a great UI :hyper: When did they post that screenshot? Before or after that blue one from the homepage?
https://blog.ohmforce.com/2020-catalina ... -releases/

is all i was able to find.
i guess the site isn't optimised for mobile screens :roll:

Blue Cat Late Replies.

late Replies indeed, as well as Earebound.
D16 Sigmund is also well featured, and I hope that audio damage will release a Ricochet update soon...
Last edited by sinkmusic on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ohmboyz Infinity is very close to release now. We have a decent amount of presets, documentation, final features and skins. One last round of polish and last opportunity to buy/upgrade at reduced price.
Product page is temporary as a new version with video intro and up to date audio demo is in the pipeline, but have a look:
https://www.ohmforce.com/ViewProduct.do ... yzInfinity

Red_Force wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:46 pm Ohmboyz Infinity is very close to release now. We have a decent amount of presets, documentation, final features and skins. One last round of polish and last opportunity to buy/upgrade at reduced price.
Product page is temporary as a new version with video intro and up to date audio demo is in the pipeline, but have a look:
It’s so sluggish opening, will you be optimizing it and fix the instant crashes in Nuendo 10?

Loooove me some Ohmboys, but I've also lost them after moving to Cubase 10. The Ohmboys stuff was a constant part of my environment for 10+ years. I look forward to updates, if they come.

Ohmboyz Infinity: "Meet Pitch, Freq & Speed shifters"

What other delays have this (I asked similar question with the Tritik Irim reverb that has frequency shifter--I need to up my awareness)? I'm trying to imagine what it will sound like. Not sure what a speed shifter will be, either.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Maybe frequency shifter at about 2:10: https://soundcloud.com/ohmforce/sets/oh ... st-patches

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:46 pm Not sure what a speed shifter will be, either.
It could mean that you can modulate the time interval between the delay signals. Standard delays have fixed times. Visualized, it could look something like this:

x-x--x----x--------x

... so that the invervals grow along the timeline ... or the other way around, so that they get shorter over the time. That would be awesome!

Modulating delay times in synced mode often results in unmusical shifts, with most delays. Lets see ...

Ah, Sandman Pro has that for multi-tap with the spacing control--sort of exponential rhythm.

simmo75 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:04 am
Red_Force wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:46 pm Ohmboyz Infinity is very close to release now. We have a decent amount of presets, documentation, final features and skins. One last round of polish and last opportunity to buy/upgrade at reduced price.
It’s so sluggish opening, will you be optimizing it and fix the instant crashes in Nuendo 10?
The 2 sec first opening (it's normal after that onee) is a known issue that's on the 1.0 fix list.
We don't test on Nuendo ATM but we fixed a lot of crashes - are you positive you're having the latest version still crashing here?

Milkman wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:33 am Loooove me some Ohmboys, but I've also lost them after moving to Cubase 10. The Ohmboys stuff was a constant part of my environment for 10+ years. I look forward to updates, if they come.
Both Ohmboyz run fine on Cubase 10 here.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:46 pm Ohmboyz Infinity: "Meet Pitch, Freq & Speed shifters"

What other delays have this (I asked similar question with the Tritik Irim reverb that has frequency shifter--I need to up my awareness)? I'm trying to imagine what it will sound like. Not sure what a speed shifter will be, either.
Speed shifter refer to tape like behavior. It's a parameter that's essentially impacting the sound when modulated/automated. It can be use for analog sounding delays, scratch effect and more extreme stuff.
Freq shifter was maybe new when we introduced one in Hematohm, but it's since been seen in several delays, like Replika. Same thing for pitch shifting. What's a possibly unique combination in Ohmboyz Infinity is that you have a deep modulation unit (close to a Fabfilter approach, where you can modulate modulators, use step sequencer or exotic LFOs) AND taps (which are really not that common) AND multi FX (filter, distortion, reverb, pitch and freq shifter). It gives you more stuff to modulate and more ways to modulate them.

Return to “Effects”