Pitchbend conversion in MPE

Official support for: bitwig.com
Noumena
KVRist
180 posts since 4 May, 2019

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:20 pm

I found SampleRobot to be OK. I feel like my Bitwig based auto sampling technique is faster, actually, and I sold Samplerobot.

I'm doing a slightly modified version of what Polarity is showing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOxo3Yseu7w

It is *fast* and you can simply drag and drop the samples into a sampler instance and save it as a multisample.

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
16946 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:19 pm

Noumena wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:20 pm
I found SampleRobot to be OK. I feel like my Bitwig based auto sampling technique is faster, actually, and I sold Samplerobot.
Good to know... saves the cost of SampleRobot! :tu:

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
8304 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:26 pm

pdxindy wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:19 pm
Noumena wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:20 pm
I found SampleRobot to be OK. I feel like my Bitwig based auto sampling technique is faster, actually, and I sold Samplerobot.
Good to know... saves the cost of SampleRobot! :tu:
I use do do something similar in Ableton with the clip bouncing. But if you want to change things like number of samples per octave or the full range of notes, legnths etc., it is a bit tedious.

Currently I'm liking NewSonicarts for auto-sampling vsts. I use it for lots of other things (Kore type morphing and snapshots for example), but you can convert a whole instrument/effects setup to nuance even if you don' town Nuance (their sampler) - it opens a demo version but the samples are on the hard drive. You set the octaves, number of velocity levels, note per octave. And with Moss's script you can save the multi-samples as Bitwig format instantly. I'm also trying to convince NSA to add a round robin setting to sample round robins. They are pretty responsive so hopefully we'll see that (Nuance has Round robins so it would make sense).
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

Noumena
KVRist
180 posts since 4 May, 2019

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:07 pm

I love Freestyle and spent a lot of time using it to do this -- you might try again in Bitwig or watch the video just to make sure that it is better. I can go from clicking bounce to loading my new multisample in maybe four clicks (now that I've set up my templates....) If you name the files properly BW Sampler parses note and velocity automatically when you drag the samples in. Does VST sampling in Freestyle do that now (it didn't do this well when I was using it.) I'll have to check it out. Honestly I wish the $10k of sample libraries that I have would just allow me to access the files. Kontakt is fine, but the things that you can do in the grid with samples is just amazing (and so fast and easy to do...)

carlca
KVRist
260 posts since 17 Jan, 2005 from London

Post Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:14 am

Noumena wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:07 pm
I love Freestyle and spent a lot of time using it to do this -- you might try again in Bitwig or watch the video just to make sure that it is better. I can go from clicking bounce to loading my new multisample in maybe four clicks (now that I've set up my templates....) If you name the files properly BW Sampler parses note and velocity automatically when you drag the samples in. Does VST sampling in Freestyle do that now (it didn't do this well when I was using it.) I'll have to check it out. Honestly I wish the $10k of sample libraries that I have would just allow me to access the files. Kontakt is fine, but the things that you can do in the grid with samples is just amazing (and so fast and easy to do...)
Can you tell up what Freestyle refers to in this context? I've tried searching and even with "freestyle sampler" as the search term, I'm getting far too many entries for Blood Glucose Sugar Monitoring, as fine and noble an activity as that no doubt is ;-)

Return to “Bitwig”