Rare Signals - Transatlantic Plate Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is an excellent reverb imho, it depends on your individual needs is all. For many it will be enough, for just as many it will fall short. Personally, while I love the quality of it, it’s far from being a game changer, in fact I chose the UVI Plate over it.

Sale extended by 1 week

Code: cheapslutz
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Just tried it out for a bit. It sounds very nice. Much like a Nebula 4 plate reverb program by Cupwise et al. I compared it to the various other plate verbs I have. Transatlantic Plate Reverb is definitely nice, but it is $150 nice? $100 sale nice? Unsure. I'd be hard pressed to shell out $100US for it. Partly because I have so many other plates, partly because its expensive for what it is. :phones:

Well, 8 months later and I picked it up. It's on sale, which helped. It's a really nice reverb! It sounds best, to me, on things like vocals and sustained instruments.

As an experiment and to get acquainted with it, I did this mix. It has 6-7 tracks taken from a demo project that used to come with Logic Pro. I did this is Repeaper. Each track only has a compressor and each an instance of Transatlantic Plate. I tuned each plate to the track and mixed things as best I could. The point wasn't to make an ideal mix, but rather to get acquainted with the reverb, as such this track is very reverby. But I think it demostrates the sound of TP well:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/tr ... Qe3MzBYUng

Best plate I tried under $150. Paid $99 and uninstalled all other dedicates plate reverbs.
Adds a 3D quality unlike anything else I’ve tried. It’s like magic that way.
I use it sparingly in terms of wet/dry or it becomes metal.
CPU hog above 48k and clicks when changing the time.

What is the latest version ? I cannot seem to download a "trail" (I assume it's a full version, as I have an iLok license for TAPR)

RS support is also kinda dead (well... not "kinda". just dead)

Thank you ! :tu:

Neon Breath wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:56 pm At this price, it might end up in Elton John's studio.
You Guys always underestimate the Expenses of upper Class Marketing and Product Positioning :roll: Would we discuss it here if it had the Price opf the Cupwise EMT IRs?

Has anyone made some IRs of the Unit already?!

GRUMP wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:46 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:56 pm At this price, it might end up in Elton John's studio.
You Guys always underestimate the Expenses of upper Class Marketing and Product Positioning :roll: Would we discuss it here if it had the Price opf the Cupwise EMT IRs?
In order to use Cupwise you need N4, so factor that cost in too.

Yes some plugins are not worth the asking price. Hence the well known joke around Imperial Delay. But frankly TP is worth $100 to me for sure. I'd have paid $150 if I was more flush. It's a really great sounding reverb. However I do find it doesn't sound great on everything, for example a drum buss. I think it excels more with individual tracks and especially vocals and snares - tracks with rich mid energy.

plexuss wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:37 am
GRUMP wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:46 pm
In order to use Cupwise you need N4, so factor that cost in too.

Yes some plugins are not worth the asking price. Hence the well known joke around Imperial Delay. But frankly TP is worth $100 to me for sure. I'd have paid $150 if I was more flush. It's a really great sounding reverb. However I do find it doesn't sound great on everything, for example a drum buss. I think it excels more with individual tracks and especially vocals and snares - tracks with rich mid energy.
For sure - resp. may be. It depends.

Me personally - after some Disappointments I have decided to look closer and Development Efforts is a crucial Criteria i. m. O. Look at PTF IRs for Example. Where is the Effort that would justify these Price Tags for an unlimitedly scalable Product that I can´t test, that have BAD Descriptions and not even Marketing Expenses worth mentioning (Website). LOL.

Cupwise also sells the EMT as IRs btw. I´m a littel bit disappointed, but that may just be the first Impression. They are quiet light - what is usually good - but unexpected.

If it´s about TPR I can just point out some Alternatives - Ebony, UAD, Nebula, IRs ... and state that I´m ready with EMT. Enogh for a Lifetime.

GRUMP wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:01 pm [snip]
For sure - resp. may be. It depends.

Me personally - after some Disappointments I have decided to look closer and Development Efforts is a crucial Criteria i. m. O. Look at PTF IRs for Example. Where is the Effort that would justify these Price Tags for an unlimitedly scalable Product that I can´t test, that have BAD Descriptions and not even Marketing Expenses worth mentioning (Website). LOL.

Cupwise also sells the EMT as IRs btw. I´m a littel bit disappointed, but that may just be the first Impression. They are quiet light - what is usually good - but unexpected.

If it´s about TPR I can just point out some Alternatives - Ebony, UAD, Nebula, IRs ... and state that I´m ready with EMT. Enogh for a Lifetime.
Sure, makes sense. There are lot of plate reverbs out there. If the sound of the plate reverb is not that important to the effect you are going for then, yes, TPR would probably not be worth very much to you. But if plate reverb is a key sound in your production, TPR could easily be worth $100, even $150 to you. It's not different in that way from most audio tools.

Return to “Effects”