Wow.. Xils-PolyM Has so much Mojo . I'm Loving this VST-Synth !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I just wanted to praise the Poly-Moog emulation that the Xils PolyM offers .

Wow ! This is an Impressive VST synth, it surely has lots of Mojo, warm analog character, fat and rich sounding filters, Loving this synth :tu:

Any Xils-PolyM fans here ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

To my ears, it is identical to the real thing. They did a great job with it.

Yes :phones:

As much as I wanted to love them, I never warmed with the other Xils products - probably more due to the -imho- usability idiosyncracies (I detest the preset manager, among other issues)... but PolyM is worth all the troubles.

It sounds so real and warm and, well, analogue, without first applying any of the usual "detune this, EQ that, introduce instability here, add a super-analogueizer-mojo channel strip plugin" routine. It´s one of the plugins I always get back to when I lack inspiration: Poly M, Reverb, Delay = instant ambient music.

epiphaneia wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:27 pm Yes :phones:

As much as I wanted to love them, I never warmed with the other Xils products - probably more due to the -imho- usability idiosyncracies (I detest the preset manager, among other issues)... but PolyM is worth all the troubles.

It sounds so real and warm and, well, analogue, without first applying any of the usual "detune this, EQ that, introduce instability here, add a super-analogueizer-mojo channel strip plugin" routine. It´s one of the plugins I always get back to when I lack inspiration: Poly M, Reverb, Delay = instant ambient music.
Thanks for the feedback.

Exactly the same feeling here. :)

I also was not that impressed with some of the other Synths they have, but Poly-M is something else. I wish their other synths were half as good as Poly-M.

Actually Poly-M is quite versatile, great for big brassy leads, basses, pads, I haven't tried making pluck sounds with it, but it is the sonic character that it has, that is so alive, warm, and very rich sounding compared to many other synths.

Muziksculp wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:34 pm
epiphaneia wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:27 pm Yes :phones:

Thanks for the feedback.

Exactly the same feeling here. :)

I also was not that impressed with some of the other Synths they have, but Poly-M is something else. I wish their other synths were half as good as Poly-M.

Actually Poly-M is quite versatile, great for big brassy leads, basses, pads, I haven't tried making pluck sounds with it, but it is the sonic character that it has, that is so alive, warm, and very rich sounding compared to many other synths.
The 150 patch library that I made for it, I made only 4 plucked sounds. It really isn't ideal for making plucked sounds as the envelopes simply aren't snappy enough. At least that's my opinion. I'm sure many will disagree because, well, you know, KVR.

I'm did not bought it tho (for me been occurs oversaturation by synths it seems), but i remember when tried demo during release, noted interesting unusual "alive velvet" nature too, like described above. Honestly, I had to make an effort not to go into my wallet then.
I think, for someone who does not yet have an ocean of synths, this is a very good\smart choice.

Xils make the best analog modelled synths and i don't get why nobody talks about their effects like RAMSES and Masque Delay.the filter saturation in those is a cut above some other overly hyped plugins here.i thought the PolyKB sounded like a bit of a joke in relation to what it models,but the Syn-X and XILS 4 get a lot of use here.i am mostly using XILS 4 as an effects processor though
I

TIMT wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:03 am Xils make the best analog modelled synths and i don't get why nobody talks about their effects like RAMSES and Masque Delay.the filter saturation in those is a cut above some other overly hyped plugins here.i thought the PolyKB sounded like a bit of a joke in relation to what it models,but the Syn-X and XILS 4 get a lot of use here.i am mostly using XILS 4 as an effects processor though
I don't know, PolyKB II.5 is probably the most analog sounding VST synth imho I have ever used and my absolute favorite along Waldorf PPG v3.
No signature here!

Synx is great, too. (I have the mini)
I loathe their preset browser.

robotmonkey wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:08 am
I don't know, PolyKB II.5 is probably the most analog sounding VST synth imho I have ever used and my absolute favorite along Waldorf PPG v3.
I agree , Poly KB is very analog sounding ! I love the FX and other synths like Poly M too.
I just think their drum machine is terrible.

they gave away a free analog synth a while back.. the xils 3 i think....
i remember i wasnt all that impressed with the sound vs the CPU usage.
polym is a totally different synth, i know but that first impression put me
off enough to overlook their other offerings. :shrug:
glad it works for you :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

robotmonkey wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:08 am I don't know, PolyKB II.5 is probably the most analog sounding VST synth imho
+1 agree
Usually when speech going about most "analog sounding" into plugins, PolyKB in my list.

But In the same time in contrary, i have some (subjective perhaps) complains to Xils3\4 in this aspect. Having probably tried all the Synthi emulations, and after watching various videos on YouTube with original thing, frankly to say I'm not very satisfied with the frequency modulation behavior in Xils version (I mean, when one osc modulate itself or other osc freq thru matrix). In my opinion too softly a bit, not enough aggressive in extreme osc volume levels. Similar like a deficiency in the level of impact in matrix, i dont know.
Though in the same time present some another sides of analog character in it, like "roundness\convex" in sound.
But exactly madness in freq modulation why I like Synthi.
Last edited by c_voltage on Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

christian f. wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:34 am
robotmonkey wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:08 am
I agree , Poly KB is very analog sounding ! I love the FX and other synths like Poly M too.
I just think their drum machine is terrible.
Yeah PolyKB sounds beautiful - just wish they would listen to all the people not liking their preset management. They are the only plugins I struggled to reinstall all my presets for after my old Mac died on me because they don't have presets that can just be copied over from one HD location to another (in this case from a Carbon copy backup) - I had to hunt for what I could from emails and several websites and in some cases ask for new copies of the banks to be sent and lost a load of self created patches just because you have to import banks into the database.

I initially bought PolyKB2 (later upgraded to v3) then XILS4, not really interested in the other synths.

On a later sale I bought PolyM almost out of boredom and now it's probably my favorite Xils synth.
Dark, unstable, extremely rich sounding. I even love the VCA envelope and how it reacts to velocity.

Furthermore, I used to underestimate the string machines, but the recently released Xils-505 is also quite phenomenal, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not a preset user so this might be the reason I don't understand the issues with the new preset browser, but it seems fine and functional to me.

Last but not least, Xavier really is one of the nicest and most considerate developers I've had the chance to deal with.

Muziksculp wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:34 pmI also was not that impressed with some of the other Synths they have, but Poly-M is something else. I wish their other synths were half as good as Poly-M.
I don’t really get this sentiment. I love PolyM too (I don’t have it yet, but it’s on my list) but I’ve always felt like all their emulations are on par with PolyM, and I’ll include Oxium in there too, though it’s not an emulation. Great plugins, great company.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”