Timeless, irreplaceable plugins and bundles that really worth it.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fairlyclose wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:11 pm Soniclab Cosmosf fx7
I love this plugin but I have never seen anything use more CPU, including any of Acustica's, Omnisphere Mulit's etc.

FabFilter Pro-Q seems a good contender.

Output Portal.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Izotope Iris was revolutionary when first released, and nothing has replaced its hands-on workflow.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:42 am Then there is the full Kilohearts bundle
IMO, they are EXTREMELY underrated.

And I mean... E-X-T-R-E-M-E-L-Y :o

I had it running for a complete month and would rather say its overrated. It couldn‘t compete with the Grid...

TDR Nova GE, Kotelnikov GE, SlickEQ GE, just brilliant for technical mixing/mastering. They are not as fancy looking as others, but once you're understood them it's another level. I found nothing better so far, regardless of the price.

midi_transmission wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:57 pm TDR Nova GE, Kotelnikov GE, SlickEQ GE, just brilliant for technical mixing/mastering. They are not as fancy looking as others, but once you're understood them it's another level. I found nothing better so far, regardless of the price.
+1

Has anybody mentioned the Klanghelm stuff? Brilliant and inexpensive.

I would also add Melda. GUI is an issue for some of us, learning curve is another. But the possibilities are endless.

yellowmix wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:55 am
mister-rz wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:40 pm They have a studio session bundle, which goes really cheap around black friday, one of the best bundles I’ve bought, but hardly used it outside of epure. Lately tho been using the ircam verb and syrah more, their dynamics tools especially are excellent for deep sculpting of sounds, once you start adapting to their unconventional approach.
Bittersweet is a fantastic transient tool, the workflow is really quick, check out their tutorial videos. Their Analyzer is my main analysis tool, I love that it's a separate app and can run over a network. The GUI sizes can be small on high-DPI, I hope they can make them scalable. And yeah, the Session bundle is a fantastic value for musicians when on sale. You don't need the Pro stuff unless you need surround, which can get pricey since it's geared toward film production.
Tried bittersweet pro after reading your comment on this rhodes kontakt instrument I love but has a slightly annoying click, followed it up with syrah to bring out the low level detail, sounded lovely in the end.

One thing I liked about their analyzer is the nebula spatial spectrogram, especially useful for the lo end, never remember to use it tho, set it up and will use it with metric ab, love the multiband correlation meter in that.

Softube volume 4 has just gone on sale for august, 50% off, more if you own any of the plugs in the bundle. Got a few softube plugins, demoed loads, love their stuff, tempted to upgrade to this, nice selection of audio fx and instruments.

FabFilter bundle
Zynaptiq bundle
Slate Digital bundle

No one has mentioned Toneboosters yet?

Top quality DSP, and for the two bundles, possibly the best bang to buck ratio in the market.

Edit: My bad; acousticglue did back on page 2.
Last edited by mcnelson on Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Very specific use case, but for tremolo/vibrato on electric guitar or keys nothing I know gives me the same vibe as Audiority Tube Modulator.

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:36 pm I had it running for a complete month and would rather say its overrated. It couldn‘t compete with the Grid...
Strange... some tools there (free and otherwise) are irreplaceable with other tools (I wouldn't dare calling them "Timeless" as EVERY tool is replaceable, at some point in time) - even those that cost a LOT of money.

I guess that's the paradox of the industry :roll:

Michey wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:50 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:36 pm I had it running for a complete month and would rather say its overrated. It couldn‘t compete with the Grid...
Strange... some tools there (free and otherwise) are irreplaceable with other tools.
Which ones? I was focused on synthesis and was disappointed especially with the oscillators... just curious...

Return to “Effects”