/* whitenoise */

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gondii wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:16 pm
audiot wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:19 am ... still not perfect workflow-wise, but the maximum you can make out of divas architecture and u-he's skinning scripts.
I actually like the Diva skin and workflow. But for Zebra2 the Neumann GUI is an absolute must have.
The Neumann skin is great :tu: He released an alternative version with coloured modules a few weeks ago. I'm still hoping for a repro skin :pray:

Blaukraut Engineering Charlatan
Full Bucket the blooo
Solcita Musica SuperTron 2.6
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Since the OP also said no sampler, I take that to also mean anything which uses sample oscillators or does sample import. Including the three or four that others have already listed. (Including the OP.)

With that in mind.
1. Zebra HZ
2. Bazille
3. Blade

4. Would be something Karplus-Strong based such as String Studio VS-3 and/or SubBoomBass 2.

(And yes, I've lately "tired" of Rapid. Although I do find it interesting and am watching its development.)
Last edited by BBFG# on Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SLiC wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:27 pm If you don't have Rapid in your top 5 you probably haven't tired it lately....
Probably. I've been demoing it for a little while today, but I just cannot justify another synth purchase at the moment. There is still a little bit time until the end of the deal, but I think I'm just going to bank on the synth going on sale again. It was 45% off last Black Friday...

audiot wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:19 am
Jkist wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:53 pm I like Diva's sound a lot, but the GUI is so oldschool by today's standards, and other synths get close ENOUGH for me. So it remains as a demo on my plugin list...

... still not perfect workflow-wise, but the maximum you can make out of divas architecture and u-he's skinning scripts.
Wait what is this? How do I make mine look like this!?

sound sculptist

Pigments, Avenger, omnisphere (that order). If omnisphere isnt „allowed“ its a tie between serum and hive2. hive sounds better but serum is easier to use

Tendou wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:56 pm Pigments, Avenger, omnisphere (that order). If omnisphere isnt „allowed“ its a tie between serum and hive2. hive sounds better but serum is easier to use
Your first three all use sample based/sample import...

So... Serum and Hive 2.
(Good picks!)
Got a third?
:hihi:

BBFG# wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:09 pm
Tendou wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:56 pm Pigments, Avenger, omnisphere (that order). If omnisphere isnt „allowed“ its a tie between serum and hive2. hive sounds better but serum is easier to use
Your first three all use sample based/sample import...

So... Serum and Hive 2.
(Good picks!)
Got a third?
:hihi:
hahaha, well just bc you can important samples doesnt mean we cant count it. I mean you can important samples on serum as well :D and honestly on Pigments I never use samples just the WT or the analog OSCs.... Omnisphere okay its really samples based :S

I considered Pigments for my list as well. Didn't check Serum. I just remembered it importing wave tables.

But since the OP said no "samplers" (and then added one in their own list), I thought I'd let the first exclusions narrow it down for me. It also made things more interesting since my most used answer for synths these days seems to be "HALion".

8)

BBFG# wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:16 pm 3. Blade
I would be very interested to hear your reasoning for this one.
I make videos about synths, you can find my channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/synthratings

Harmonic movement.
Good on its own, but even better layered with itself or other synths. (Usually one of the three Zebras.)

And it was difficult trying to find what I had that fit into the OP narrow parameters.

resistent wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:09 pm List your three favourite software synths which are made up from scratch and are no emulations or samplers
My votes (no order)

Zebra²
Aalto
Surge
Absynth
Aalto is inspired on the buchla , not exactly a 1:1 recreation but still
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

OMFG. You folks just can't help yourselves, can you?

>hey bros! let's make another list of VSTssssssssssss!

Is this how you all bond with each other or is this a new spectrum disorder?

psynical wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:14 am OMFG. You folks just can't help yourselves, can you?

>hey bros! let'st's make another list of VSTssssssssssss!

Is this how you all bond with each other or is this a new spectrum disorder?
FTFY :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”