Timeless, irreplaceable plugins and bundles that really worth it.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Michey wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:41 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:42 am Then there is the full Kilohearts bundle
IMO, they are EXTREMELY underrated.

And I mean... E-X-T-R-E-M-E-L-Y :o
In my opinion the exact opposite is true. For some strange reason people keep insisting it is revolutionary.. it isn't, at all.

I also don't really like the sound of many of their modules. So no.. not in my opinion. It's pretty overrated from my point of view.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:54 am
Michey wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:50 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:36 pm I had it running for a complete month and would rather say its overrated. It couldn‘t compete with the Grid...
Strange... some tools there (free and otherwise) are irreplaceable with other tools.
Which ones? I was focused on synthesis and was disappointed especially with the oscillators... just curious...
The free bundle+filter+distortion+limiter.

The synth is of no interest to me.

bmanic wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:13 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:42 am Then there is the full Kilohearts bundle

In my opinion the exact opposite is true. For some strange reason people keep insisting it is revolutionary.. it isn't, at all.

I also don't really like the sound of many of their modules. So no.. not in my opinion. It's pretty overrated from my point of view.
Maybe. for me some of them do the trick - big time.

I can't go into everyone's head and persuade them to think like me. there is a certain plug (in the free bundle !) that I - personally - found no other plug that can match it, free or not (and I bought quite a few). but that's me. and BTW, I think there's no such thing as "Expensive, timeless plugins and bundles". they're all just ANOTHER tool.

Voxengo MSED. MRecorder. Both free but in daily Usage here. All the Rest won´t last forever. Favourites change from Day to Day. Perception is treacherous.

Plugins I use in every project since many years back:
  • FabFilter Pro-Q
  • FabFilter Timeless (my go-to delay plugin since a few years back, now that I finally figured it out)
  • FabFilter Volcano (my main filter/spice plugin)
  • FabFilter Saturn (my go-to utility and distortion toolbox)
  • Native Instruments Transient Master (my main go-to transient shaper)
  • Psychodither from Schwa (my dither of choice since forever, even though it's only 32bit UNLIKE WHAT THE WEBSITE SAYS!!)
  • Voxengo MSED, AUDIODELAY, LATENCYDELAY, SPAN (best free plugins ever)
  • Acustica Audio Nebula/N4 (my go-to "high end sound processing", EQ, Compression and Transient shaping)
  • Airwindows BitShiftGain (my go-to gain staging pre and post plugin)
  • Klanghelm DC8C3 (v1 and v2 previously, my go-to compressor when I don't know exactly what I want to achieve dynamics wise and want to experiment)
  • FabFilter Pro-C2 (go-to "smooth" compression when I want a different flavor, using the 'mastering' algorithm)
  • TDR Kotelnikov GE (another go-to compressor when I need precise dynamics processing)
  • Soothe (my go-to dynamic deharsher of things)
  • Gullfoss (my go-to "make it magically better" plugin. A fairly new plugin but I can predict it is going to be used for a long long time)
One plugin that seems to become a mainstay in the compression department is Unisum compressor by Tone Projects. It's so incredibly flexible that the more I learn it, the more I seem to use it for virtually everything. It can do hard, fast, punchy, slow, super gentle etc. It even does "mojo" pretty damn well with the included distortion circuit.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Yep. Soundtheory Gullfoss is pretty amazing.
Also check Wavesfactory Spectre and Trackspacer.

bmanic wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:13 pm

This was my take too. I've gone back to check them out from time to time after reading other's enthusiasm for it, but in terms of sound, I'm not impressed. I can understand why someone might like the workflow but definitely not for me.

I'll take a stab at this one for my personal use...

Fabfilter Pro-Q2
Fabfilter Pro-C2
Fabfilter Pro-MB
Fabfilter Timeless2 - I have many delays for different purposes, but this is the one that gets the most use and starts every project.
Fabfilter Pro-R - Many, many verb choices but like Timeless, this starts every project. 2Caudio's Breeze 2 is a close 2nd for everyday use.
UVI Plate - I've used so many different options for plates, but I can consistently get great results with what I want with minimal tweaking.
Soundtoys Decapitator - Still a workhorse.
Soniccharge Permut8 - Nothing like it and it covers so much ground.
Goodhertz Trem Control - None better that I've found.
Arturia SEM

These days, I actually think pretty much everything is replaceable except for maybe Kontakt. Because there are just too many excellent instruments that are reliant on that.

I otherwise can't really think of a single synth/instrument or effect that I wouldn't be fine with finding alternatives for.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:24 am ... except for maybe Kontakt. Because there are just too many excellent
instruments that are reliant on that.
Also here some development is going on: click me! :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:24 am These days, I actually think pretty much everything is replaceable except for maybe Kontakt. Because there are just too many excellent instruments that are reliant on that.

I otherwise can't really think of a single synth/instrument or effect that I wouldn't be fine with finding alternatives for.
I tried to replace Kontakt and sell it some time ago but it's impossible to find something that able to offer such a huge amount of high-quality free or paid libraries and this ease of use without dancing with a tambourine. Honorable industry-standard, what can I say... So I definitely will keep my Komplete for ages because of the Kontakt and some really unique and pretty much irreplaceable Reaktor synths (Razor, Kontour and Scanner XT).

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:24 am These days, I actually think pretty much everything is replaceable except for maybe Kontak (Because there are just too many excellent instruments that are reliant on that).

I otherwise can't really think of a single synth/instrument - or effect - that I wouldn't be fine with finding alternatives for.
^ This

bmanic wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:09 pm Plugins I use in every project since many years back:
  • FabFilter Timeless (my go-to delay plugin since a few years back, now that I finally figured it out)
:) at the bold text.

I own this one for 3 years I think, and still have no idea how to make something useful out of it [don't like the presets either (sorry, probably some are yours :oops:)]. And I tried multiple times, always switching to something else. Hopefully V3 will make more sense to me.

e@rs wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:51 pm I own this one for 3 years I think, and still have no idea how to make something useful out of it.
And I tried multiple times, always switching to something else. Hopefully V3 will make more sense to me.
Kinda the tragedy of our era, don't you think ?

We accumulate literally HUNDREDS of tools (plugins), large chunk of them can do magical things... yet we fail at operating them like we thought they should be used, and end up abandoning them altogether, opting for MUCH simpler tools.

Michey wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:12 pm
e@rs wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:51 pm I own this one for 3 years I think, and still have no idea how to make something useful out of it.
And I tried multiple times, always switching to something else. Hopefully V3 will make more sense to me.
Kinda the tragedy of our era, don't you think ?

We accumulate literally HUNDREDS of tools (plugins), large chunk of them can do magical things... yet we fail at operating them like we thought they should be used, and end up abandoning them altogether, opting for MUCH simpler tools.
That's kind of the same reasoning for my list... these are the tools I know well and will continue to use them first.

There have been many options that can replace almost everything (except for Permut8 and Trem Control), but I see no advantage to constantly learning a new workflow for getting the same result elsewhere.

Knowing something well makes them simple to use.

Return to “Effects”