Contest: Aug ”Submission" Free for all "Closed"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Free for all. No rules just your imagination.

Time Limit: No limit

Submitted by Aug 26 "Closed" No more submission

1 - Encoded in either .mp3 .ogg (.Wav .Flac) format.
In use of Wav or Flac, you need to offer Mp3 also, so people can choose.

2 - Time Limit: No limit

3 - Entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT LINK (note: THIS MEANS A DOWNLOAD LINK) in this RULES & SUBMISSIONS thread (use the GOSSIP thread for everything else). If you cant provide a direct link, please contact one of the following people listed below, they will be happy to help you out. These people provide free hosting for the purpose of this contest only! They are not a hosting service. When contacting these people, please take the effort to understand the terms and conditions they provide.

Providers:
2 - watto
3 - slartibartfast

In addition...
http://www.kara-moon.com/forum has offered "self service" space. Log into the forum to find out more.

4 - Submitted by Aug 26, Around 22:00 (Swedish TIME )

5 - Your entry(s) must be composed specifically for this contest (or, if a cover, arranged/recorded specifically for this contest).

6 - Your entry(s) must be created with audio plugins or software studio.

7 - Your entry should have the FILE named in a format of "yearmonth_artistname_tracktitle" (eg "1909_MonDieu_OxygeneXVII.mp3"), where the artistname is the same as your KVR name. Please do not use spaces and special characters in the filename. Special considerations will be given to those that have the hosting agent change the file name.

8 - If you are going to tag your mp3--and you should--the artist name is to be the same as your KVR name, and the title tag is to be the name of your tune.

9 - One person can participate either with one entry, with one entry and one collaborative effort or with two collaborative efforts.

10 - Every submission has to be tagged with:
a) used instruments (virtual and 'real')
b) players' and singers' names (if other than entrant; collabs are allowed, sometimes encouraged, but they must be credited)
c) origin of loops and samples, if they're not free of copyright (this includes CreativeCommons material; please read and follow the license of the samples and loops you use); naming the origin of copyright free loops is also encouraged, but not mandatory. Please only use samples you are legally entitled to use.
d) name(s) of composer(s) -- if an entry is a cover this should be noted in the file name and/or the mp3 "Title" tag as well as the submission post (not everyone reads the submission posts).

11 - If there are strong doubts about the origin of the composition or parts of it, the participant should have the possibility to send a project file to the moderator, who could give it to a trustworthy person with the right host to examine it. Important: the participant should not be forced to do it.

12 - Resubmission of your track is allowed in the same post, so long you do it before the voting begins.

13 - Any tracks not adhering to these guidelines will be very naughty indeed. Possibly disqualified upon peer review. And at least mocked for all to point and giggle.

14 - Voting (members must have at least 20 posts to vote ... although contest entrants are exempt from this ruling) will run from the submission deadline until early a.m, October 1st. Anyone voting for themselves will find ALL their votes disqualified; any entrants not voting will also be disqualified.

If you have questions, send a private message to hellfog.
Last edited by Hellfog on Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finally got round to doing something - Some indie rokk bombast then, possibly veering a bit into p*** a little on account of the daft song structure. Lots and lots of bass VI in this though, which is always a good thing. Now, to remember how to write pop songs..

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/08- ... veneer.mp3

Apologies to Bacharach/David/for the first line..Don't know why, couldn't help it. You should always 'borrow' something. In this case, a few things.. :hihi:

The dashboard of doom;

Revelation Bass VI (in Fiesta Red) ..naturally
Revelation 12 string electric guiitar
Line 6 Variax 6 string electric guitar
Lindo Zodiac 12 string acoustic (the one with the err..DENIM finish)
Epiphone 6 string acoustic
Addictive Drums
Tambourine
The crooning.
...the usual PC testing cornucopia of effects

>Midsummer Morning<

HW:
'Swamp' DIY Strat, Alesis solo tube pre, Shure beta58, H&K Tubemeister 5, Alesis Nanoverb, Custom BEAD-bass, Zoom MS-60B, Electro Harmonix Soul Food
SW :
NI B4, NI Battery, NI Massive, Glaceverb, Camel space, KeFir, LFX-1310, Kjarehus classic bundle, Fusion Field

Tonica fugata is some kind of automatic composer. I got an opportunity to have it process a melody I made. The music you hear is not the raw output of the fugata, instead I just picked the best bars and discarded the rest, then some tweaks.

2008_harvon_autocompose

MuseScore, Tonica Fugata, Waveform, Halion Sonic SE, no FX

Blue Whale Unit

Instruments:
Addictive Drums 2
GSi VB3 II
Ample Metal R Bass
Arturia Clavinet
Ample Guitar LP
V-Station
Rob Papen Quad
Rob Papen Predator 2 (Whale)

Having recently been doing a lot of research into traditional folk song I was just setting up this one as a new project when I saw the guidelines for this month.
Free for all, no time limit .....
So ... you lot may as well suffer this 8 minutes of misery along with me.
A traditional 'murder ballad' dating back to 1638.
Have fun.
https://soundcloud.com/offthewall_james/thecruelmother
All ‘real’ instruments.
Fylde Alexander acoustic guitar
Fylde Octavius bouzouki
Ozark Appalachian dulcimer
Eko Evo baritone guitar
Tanglewood Union series mandolin
Generation high D penny whistle
Mountain Made low G whistle
18” Irish bodhran

sE X1A condenser mic
MixControl
Izotope Nectar 3
OldSkoolVerb
Izotope Ozone 8
REAPER v4.78
Last edited by offthewall on Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------------------------------------------
New Updated music site at - http://www.fraserology.com/music/

TechIt

I felt like simple Techno Beats. This track started on Digitakt, then polished in Bitwig using Fabfilters Pro-C, Pro-Eq, Pro-L, and Timeless delay. U-he Satin to glue everything together.
Qw, music from twelve weeks in quarantine is now streaming on spotify and bandcamp. This is a collaboration with the the smallest of worlds VR art project, that documents our living spaces in times of isolation. You can join their project here.

https://soundcloud.com/user-141946308/2 ... WiWHATUU7g
A little lovin goes a long way

Verse
they say that love ls sweet it
it ain't been kind to me
I've lost my sense of feel

In need of someone to heal
to show me how to feel
I lost my way come along time ago

Chorus
come on, move up close to me
show me how it's gonna be
move in closer to me
let it go
(and let it go)

come and let me see
the way it should be
come in close to me
and let it go
(and let it go)

Bridge
now that I've found my way
with your lovin everyday
you removed the clouds and let me see

with your lovin everyday
there's nothing more I can say
a little love goes a long way X2

Effects
Acustica Nebula3 free (CDS Sony tape free demo) - Airwindows Console6 - Flying Auto wah - Klanghelm MJUC - LoudMax - Mercuriall Audio Software U530 CM - MH Dirty Delay - MNotepad - PSP Twin-L - Softube Drawmer S73 - TAL Vocoder - TB Equaliser V4 - TDR Kotelnikov - TR5 Precision Limiter - Waves CLA 76 /H-Delay/IR1/RVox - XLN Studio - Grand - Abbey Road 60's drums from Komplete Essential from Presonus

Edit- reuploaded with less FX.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

hypnogogia

guitar/modular/reverb/reverb/reverb.
dreamy noisy vurty.

https://soundcloud.com/wild-parsons/lost-platter-mp3

Native Instruments Drum Lab
IK Multimedia MODO Bass
Arturia V Collection
TAL-U-No-LX
Overloud Comps & Tape
Valhalla Delay & Reverb
Last edited by Wild Parsons on Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nvm
Last edited by Eauson on Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

A simple solo piano piece from me this month.

Rest in Peace

The piano is Native Instruments "The Grandeur". Mastered with Ozone 9. Created using Cubase 10.5. No other effects.

Enjoy.
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

And I'm in :hyper:
Submundo
Yoshimi (of course) {cough} V1.7.2 {cough}
Rosegarden (nach.)

Instrument patches in order of first appearance.
Deep Matrix Kit
Natural Drum Kit
Far Space Voice
AddSynth Morph
Master Synth High
Moor Drums
Rich Bass
Voiced Saw
Tunnel Piano
Bubbles
Yet Another Flute
Wind Whistle
Stick Hit
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

https://soundcloud.com/user-2508491/one-last-try

DAW:
Tracktion Waveform 11
VSTIs:
Moog bass synth - Arturia Analog Lab
Drums - Toontrack EZDrummer Nashville Brush Kit
Pianet & Piano - Toontrack EZKeys
Synth Strings & Orchestra Strings - Tracktion Collective
Percussion - Toontrack EZDrummer Latin Percussion
VST effects:
Various Tracktion Waveform and DAW Essentials effects
Reverb - 2c - Breeze
EQ&Drive - Fuse Audio Labs - RS-W2395C
EQ - LKJB - Luftikus
Guitar and Bass amps - EZMix
Mastering - EZMix

Make A Difference

DAW
Tracktion 7

Instruments
Peavey electric Guitar

Plug-Ins
Addictive Drums 2 & Keys
Tracktion 4-Band EQ & Low/High Pass Filter
TDR Feedback Compressor
OrilRiver
Wider
PhreePhuzz
Sampletank 3
Vintage Drum Elements
Vocal King
Synth 1
Master Mix
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

Return to “Music Cafe”