Nexus 3 cloud licencing is their biggest mistake

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was gonna upgrade till i discovered you need to be logged on the internet even after you authorize once a month.
I also notice the cloud f#cks up nexus2 factory presets and expansions. you have to download all of em again.

anyway long story short, i wont upgrade cuz of dis shit

yeeeeeeah buoy!

Kinh wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:11 pm I also notice the cloud f#cks up nexus2 factory presets and expansions. you have to download all of em
You only need to download the files that have changed. Like the previews and NKS files. The samples and presets won't re re-downloaded, unless you are downloading into a different folder for some reason.

In fairness, i think it converts rather than f ups the nexus2 factory presets and expansions and the download really is automated......
One click and it does it all for you.

rsp
sound sculptist

FigBug wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:26 pm
Kinh wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:11 pm I also notice the cloud f#cks up nexus2 factory presets and expansions. you have to download all of em
You only need to download the files that have changed. Like the previews and NKS files. The samples and presets won't re re-downloaded, unless you are downloading into a different folder for some reason.

My recollection and this was before it had NKS and previews, is that it certainly redownloads something from each expansion. Could indeed just be the presets and not the samples though.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:28 pm In fairness, i think it converts rather than f ups the nexus2 factory presets and expansions and the download really is automated......
One click and it does it all for you.
Nothing is getting converted, all the presets remain Nexus 2 compatible. If anybody is switching from not using the cloud tool to using it and having to download a significant amount of files (ie more than a few MB per expansion), please PM me the log file from the Cloud App. I'd like to see what's going wrong.

When mine did it, I think those logs are long since gone.. (I only see July 2020 logs).
But I really do recall that for each Expansion it was downloading something, and this was November 2019. Before I believe NKS and Previews were introduced.

rsp
sound sculptist

I guess this is what it was doing...
Upgrading From Nexus2 / Using Existing Library Path

If you are upgrading from NEXUS2, then the reFX Cloud app automatically detects your existing library installation and begins to verify and update your existing libraries for a smooth transition to NEXUS3.

All libraries for NEXUS2 are compatible with NEXUS3, but require some additional updates to add some extra functionality. Libraries are scanned and updated automatically.

If you are reinstalling NEXUS3 and have an existing library or had to move the library path, simply select the existing Library Folder path in the settings and allow the app to scan and verify the files.
rsp
sound sculptist

vurt wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:15 pmyeeeeeeah buoy!
Fo‘ shizzle, maaan! 8)

But seriously - I find his ortography quite acceptable, if he complains about something! Reeeespect!

Return to “Instruments”