Reflex Pro X

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
bermudagold
KVRist
378 posts since 15 Feb, 2005

Post Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:43 pm

There was a preview on the web page for the last year, and now it's gone.
Anyone know what happened?...Did he decide to wind down the business or sell the new plug to a bigger company?
I could ask on his site, jus figured I'd provide a place for fans to chime in in case he needed some inspiration to finish it, based on all the traffic on the latest delay debate thread.
Always liked stw plugin line and seemed underrated to me
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

rj0
KVRist
411 posts since 18 Sep, 2010

Post Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:43 pm

Puzzled, too. Agree on all of the above. All I'm finding on the website for Pro X is a News/Blog entry for an audio demo on SoundCloud, but following the link shows that the file is no longer there, so, between that and the time that's passed since that Blog entry, I wouldn't hold out any near-term hopes.

At least the website store (for the Free and Regular Pro versions) looks operational. My guess on the situation is still a somewhat hopeful one. He wouldn't be the first developer that concluded he needed to go to work full-time for someone else, and have to put his side business on a shelf for a while, in which case he might still tend to it periodically, and find time down the road someday to get back to Pro X.

That is too bad though. Pro is awesome. Definitely would have been interested in a new X version.

Halonmusic
KVRAF
4373 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:05 am

The free version of Reflex is bonkers :tu:
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket || SoundCloud

hesnotthemessiah
KVRian
902 posts since 6 Jun, 2003 from Reading UK. (U rrrrrrs)

Post Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:32 am

Just got a replacement serial for my Reflex Pro (purchased back in 2012!) from Stefan of stw-audio. Stefan replied back to me with it in about 2 hours :tu:

Stefan advised me that REFLEX-PRO-X is ready and will be released very soon. He advised if you subscribed to his newsletter you’ll be informed right away. I have pointed him to this thread.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 3GHz (Overclocked to 4GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

guvnor_p
KVRist
49 posts since 25 Jan, 2005 from London

Post Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:24 am

I loved Reflex Pro, will be very happy if Pro X is released, such as useful sound design tool.

guvnor_p
KVRist
49 posts since 25 Jan, 2005 from London

Post Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:54 am

And it's out! No indication there's an upgrade discount.

https://www.stw-audio.com/products-1/reflex-pro-x/

stw
KVRist
128 posts since 12 Mar, 2005

Post Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:38 am

Hi guvnor_p,
i'm going to announce the release here at KVR shortly. It'll contain info about upgrading...

Return to “Effects”